Re: Blood

    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hi Jerry

      What a sanguinary tale you weave
      No stone unturnéd do you leave
      Vital fluids through your pipes do run
      Hotspur indeed, but a man of fun

      `tis good to read your yarn of gore
      It warms my heart through to the core
      Be careful `fore you write some more
      Lest you suffer the agony of cruor.

      One minor point you forgot to mention
      Maybe you were under minor tension
      If you woo a maiden with undue rush
      The blood to her face will cause a blush

      As ever
      Wings
    • jerry5849
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 1, 2002
        A blushing maid would be so sweet
        A tasty morsel for trick or treat
        Yet oft the lasses blush no more
        A thing which once men would adore

        So if yon maiden turns her head
        When seeing you her face turns red
        `Tis not her modesty which slipped
        More likely it's your pants unzipped

        It is always a pleasure to hear from you Wings. (smile)
        Jerry
        Jerry5849@...
      • Sam Adams
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 1, 2002
          Smile

          Strangers smile at me
          They laugh at all my bad jokes
          Is my fly open?

          --- In ticket2write@y..., jerry5849 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > A blushing maid would be so sweet
          > A tasty morsel for trick or treat
          > Yet oft the lasses blush no more
          > A thing which once men would adore
          >
          > So if yon maiden turns her head
          > When seeing you her face turns red
          > `Tis not her modesty which slipped
          > More likely it's your pants unzipped
          >
          > It is always a pleasure to hear from you Wings. (smile)
          > Jerry
          > Jerry5849@y...
        • Lisa
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 1, 2002
            I hope you guys keep this witty tag writing going. I'm enjoying it
            immensely! Lisa

            --- In ticket2write@y..., "Sam Adams" <adamssam@b...> wrote:
            > Smile
            >
            > Strangers smile at me
            > They laugh at all my bad jokes
            > Is my fly open?
            >

            > --- In ticket2write@y..., jerry5849 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > A blushing maid would be so sweet
            > > A tasty morsel for trick or treat
            > > Yet oft the lasses blush no more
            > > A thing which once men would adore
            > >
            > > So if yon maiden turns her head
            > > When seeing you her face turns red
            > > `Tis not her modesty which slipped
            > > More likely it's your pants unzipped
            > >
            > > It is always a pleasure to hear from you Wings. (smile)
            > > Jerry
            > > Jerry5849@y...
          • jerry5849
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 1, 2002
              I for one am not going to look at your trousers sir, I shall leave
              that to the fairer sex.....(smile)

              Jerry
            • the_only_data_diva
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 1, 2002
                rotfl ! Jerry, Jerry, Jerrry......... ;-)

                Diva

                --- In ticket2write@y..., jerry5849 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > A blushing maid would be so sweet
                > A tasty morsel for trick or treat
                > Yet oft the lasses blush no more
                > A thing which once men would adore
                >
                > So if yon maiden turns her head
                > When seeing you her face turns red
                > `Tis not her modesty which slipped
                > More likely it's your pants unzipped
                >
                > It is always a pleasure to hear from you Wings. (smile)
                > Jerry
                > Jerry5849@y...
              • jerry5849
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 1, 2002
                  Perhaps our Lisa would join in
                  And Suzianne my long lost kin
                  Our sweet ladies could add so much
                  And give our verse a woman's touch

                  Jerry
                • jerry5849
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 1, 2002
                    What can I say my Diva dear
                    My muse is screaming in my ear
                    She takes my hand and makes me write
                    On this cold and lonely night
                    But if you'll spin some words with me
                    Colored as the leaves on trees
                    Together we can joyful sing
                    And banish winter for the spring

                    Jerry
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 1, 2002
                      Leave me out of this one, Cuz!
                      I'm not one to fuss and blush.
                      I don't need the shame or guilt,
                      or know another girl who does.
                      If you want to see us really flush,
                      send us a man in a scarlet kilt.

                      Suzianne

                      --- In ticket2write@y..., jerry5849 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                      > Perhaps our Lisa would join in
                      > And Suzianne my long lost kin
                      > Our sweet ladies could add so much
                      > And give our verse a woman's touch
                      >
                      > Jerry
                    • Sam Adams
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 1, 2002
                        It's not my muse that's screaming high
                        my kids and wife are standing nigh
                        Take out the trash and fix my bike
                        my lovely spouse my perfect tyke
                        My head does spin, my ears do ache
                        and joyful song I cannot fake
                        banish winter, yes and fast
                        If only till summer I can last
                        so I can send them out to play
                        and I can see a peaceful day

                        --- In ticket2write@y..., jerry5849 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                        > What can I say my Diva dear
                        > My muse is screaming in my ear
                        > She takes my hand and makes me write
                        > On this cold and lonely night
                        > But if you'll spin some words with me
                        > Colored as the leaves on trees
                        > Together we can joyful sing
                        > And banish winter for the spring
                        >
                        > Jerry
                      • Lisa
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 1, 2002
                          I agree with Suzianne. The male has the shamelessly, humourous
                          advantage here. One can't seem to tell when they blush for the
                          whiskers, or do they ever?... Please, do go on guys. You are all
                          capable of doing so admirably, without being crude or undignified.
                          Speaking of which, I'm convinced, the men of T2W are of the utmost
                          dignity and class.

                          As for me, I can't help but wonder what they wear under those kilts,
                          Suzi... Do you know?

                          (SMILE) Lisa

                          --- In ticket2write@y..., "Susan Donahue" <suzianne411@y...> wrote:
                          > Leave me out of this one, Cuz!
                          > I'm not one to fuss and blush.
                          > I don't need the shame or guilt,
                          > or know another girl who does.
                          > If you want to see us really flush,
                          > send us a man in a scarlet kilt.
                          >
                          > Suzianne
                          >

                          > --- In ticket2write@y..., jerry5849 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                          > > Perhaps our Lisa would join in
                          > > And Suzianne my long lost kin
                          > > Our sweet ladies could add so much
                          > > And give our verse a woman's touch
                          > >
                          > > Jerry
                        • Lisa
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 1, 2002
                            Suzi, for the sake of knowledge only, (wink) Do they wear anything
                            under those kilts? Lisa

                            Message 13 of 23 , Nov 2, 2002
                              Hi Lisa
                              A quick reply on my way through last nights postings.
                              A true Scotsman wears absolutely nothing under his kilt.
                              On parade grounds of Scots regiments , inspecting officers would
                              often require men to raise their kilts to prove they were sans
                              apparel beneath.

                              This next is rather sad but I write it to prove a point:
                              I have seen pictures taken of the battlefields of the first world war
                              in which a dead Scotsman was lying across the barbed wire
                              entanglements of the enemy lines, his kilt above his waist, exposing
                              his manhood to the world..

                              So now you know you saucy lass.

                              As ever
                              Wings.

                              Ps. I understand a kilted Prince Charles wears underpants on public
                              engagements.
                            • jerry5849
                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 2, 2002
                                Well done Sam, that's the spirit! (smile) Learning to play with
                                each other through words is a fine thing, I think you would agree.
                                Now recess is over and it is time to get back to more serious
                                pursuits before the powers that be (suzianne) become wrathful,
                                though I think Wings would pull our chestnuts out of the fire.
                                (laughing) Thanks for helping keep the friendly banter going sir.
                                Jerry
                                jerry5849@...

                                --- In ticket2write@y..., "Sam Adams" <adamssam@b...> wrote:
                                > It's not my muse that's screaming high
                                > my kids and wife are standing nigh
                                > Take out the trash and fix my bike
                                > my lovely spouse my perfect tyke
                                > My head does spin, my ears do ache
                                > and joyful song I cannot fake
                                > banish winter, yes and fast
                                > If only till summer I can last
                                > so I can send them out to play
                                > and I can see a peaceful day
                                >

                                > --- In ticket2write@y..., jerry5849 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                > > What can I say my Diva dear
                                > > My muse is screaming in my ear
                                > > She takes my hand and makes me write
                                > > On this cold and lonely night
                                > > But if you'll spin some words with me
                                > > Colored as the leaves on trees
                                > > Together we can joyful sing
                                > > And banish winter for the spring
                                > >
                                > > Jerry
                              • Sam Adams
                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 2, 2002
                                  Jerry,

                                  Now might be a good time to post a couple of writing exercises that I
                                  learned in a poetry workshop a year or two ago.

                                  1. Write down a verse of your favorite song, count the words, divide
                                  by two, then cut out that many words from the verse.
                                  Do the same thing again to create a found poem. Try the same thing
                                  with a passage of prose from your favorite book.

                                  2. Think about a place from your childhood. Close your eyes and try to
                                  remember the sights, sounds, the smells, the tastes, the textures or
                                  the temperature. Remember, you have five senses. Write a description
                                  of the place using as many of those five senses as possible.

                                  3. Write a poem to introduce yourself without using your name, the
                                  name of your job, or the name of the place you live.

                                  Have fun,
                                  Sam

                                  --- In ticket2write@y..., jerry5849 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                  > Now recess is over and it is time to get back to more serious
                                  > pursuits ...

                                • Sandi Payne
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 2, 2002
                                    Ah, yes, Jerry! Daily distractions can pull you away from those more serious persuits! Just a few lines about living in the wind-tunnel of the world...
                                    always . . .
                                    Sandi

                                    Welcome to my barren wasteland
                                     your voice of truth can barely stand
                                    don't run away from relentless wind
                                    blinding the splendor of your mind
                                    Pick up your pen,  filter out the din
                                    open buried words stuck in your chin
                                    clear branches and mist  dig a hole
                                    exume the cadaver of you soul
                                    become master of creativity's cloud
                                    before it chains you without a sound
                                    and your voice is lost in your Zephyer
                                    that blows away in that wind forever

                                    jerry5849 wrote:
                                    Well done Sam, that's the spirit! (smile)  Learning to play with
                                    each other through words is a fine thing, I think you would agree.
                                    Now recess is over and it is time to get back to more serious
                                    pursuits before the powers that be (suzianne) become wrathful,
                                    though I think Wings would pull our chestnuts out of the fire.
                                    (laughing)  Thanks for helping keep the friendly banter going sir.
                                    Jerry
                                    jerry5849@...

                                    --- In ticket2write@y..., "Sam Adams" <adamssam@b...> wrote:
                                    > It's not my muse that's screaming high
                                    > my kids and wife are standing nigh
                                    > Take out the trash and fix my bike
                                    > my lovely spouse my perfect tyke
                                    > My head does spin, my ears do ache
                                    > and joyful song I cannot fake
                                    > banish winter, yes and fast
                                    > If only till summer I can last
                                    > so I can send them out to play
                                    > and I can see a peaceful day
                                    >

                                    > --- In ticket2write@y..., jerry5849 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                    > > What can I say my Diva dear
                                    > > My muse is screaming in my ear
                                    > > She takes my hand and makes me write
                                    > > On this cold and lonely night
                                    > > But if you'll spin some words with me
                                    > > Colored as the leaves on trees
                                    > > Together we can joyful sing
                                    > > And banish winter for the spring
                                    > >
                                    > > Jerry

                                    SEE:  http://www.ticket2write.com

                                  • Lisa
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 2, 2002
                                      Dearest Wings, thank you for always providing information for me. I
                                      hope I didn't come across as crass, or forward. I hane not been quite
                                      myself lately, but faring better every day, and I have a genuine
                                      curiosity about these matters.
                                      Having yet to leave American soil, I find other cultures
                                      fascinating. What do the women in Scotland wear? I recently received
                                      a phone call from someone in Scotland, and found the accent
                                      beautiful, and musical. Is it much like your own, in England?
                                      Thank you Sir, Lisa

                                      --- In ticket2write@y..., wings081 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                      > Hi Lisa
                                      > A quick reply on my way through last nights postings.
                                      > A true Scotsman wears absolutely nothing under his kilt.
                                      > On parade grounds of Scots regiments , inspecting officers would
                                      > often require men to raise their kilts to prove they were sans
                                      > apparel beneath.
                                      >
                                      > This next is rather sad but I write it to prove a point:
                                      > I have seen pictures taken of the battlefields of the first world
                                      war
                                      > in which a dead Scotsman was lying across the barbed wire
                                      > entanglements of the enemy lines, his kilt above his waist,
                                      exposing
                                      > his manhood to the world..
                                      >
                                      > So now you know you saucy lass.
                                      >
                                      > As ever
                                      > Wings.
                                      >
                                      > Ps. I understand a kilted Prince Charles wears underpants on public
                                      > engagements.
                                    • Jan_Neptune
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 2, 2002
                                        --- In ticket2write@y..., "Lisa " <lynndanna@y...> wrote:
                                        > Dearest Wings, thank you for always providing information for me. I
                                        > hope I didn't come across as crass, or forward. I hane not been
                                        quite
                                        > myself lately, but faring better every day, and I have a genuine
                                        > curiosity about these matters.
                                        > Having yet to leave American soil, I find other cultures
                                        > fascinating. What do the women in Scotland wear? I recently
                                        received
                                        > a phone call from someone in Scotland, and found the accent
                                        > beautiful, and musical. Is it much like your own, in England?
                                        > Thank you Sir, Lisa
                                        >
                                        > --- In ticket2write@y..., wings081 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                        > > Hi Lisa
                                        > > A quick reply on my way through last nights postings.
                                        > > A true Scotsman wears absolutely nothing under his kilt.
                                        > > On parade grounds of Scots regiments , inspecting officers would
                                        > > often require men to raise their kilts to prove they were sans
                                        > > apparel beneath.
                                        > >
                                        > > This next is rather sad but I write it to prove a point:
                                        > > I have seen pictures taken of the battlefields of the first world
                                        > war
                                        > > in which a dead Scotsman was lying across the barbed wire
                                        > > entanglements of the enemy lines, his kilt above his waist,
                                        > exposing
                                        > > his manhood to the world..
                                        > >
                                        > > So now you know you saucy lass.
                                        > >
                                        > > As ever
                                        > > Wings.
                                        > >
                                        > > Ps. I understand a kilted Prince Charles wears underpants on
                                        public
                                        > > engagements.

                                        Oh Wings,

                                        Does that mean he doesn't in private?

                                        This is the most fascinating expose I have ever read. Thanks for
                                        telling...

                                        I have had to edit my e-mail on this group at least three times now
                                        as I have been getting the red light from Yahoo. So as an experiment
                                        in group mail, this site has been a revelation.

                                        It is a fact that writers are the most compulsive group in the world,
                                        aren't they?

                                        Jan C.
                                      • the_only_data_diva
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Nov 2, 2002
                                          Bonnie Prince Charlie wrapped in a kilt,
                                          takes salute from the Guard but feels he no guilt
                                          for errant breezes
                                          shall cause him no sneezes
                                          as the crown jewels are covered in felt.

                                          >g<

                                          Diva

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Nov 2, 2002
                                            Hi Lisa.
                                            Having spent a pleasant few months stationed in Scotland some years
                                            ago, I can assure you Scottish girls are not without material
                                            protection under their kilts.
                                            These days though the kilt is usually worn on special occasions only,
                                            except perhaps in the remote highland islands and villages. In towns
                                            the dress code is much the same as other places in UK,or America.
                                            I should point out here, the Welsh,Cornish and Irish also have kilts
                                            of their own family or national tartan. But then we are all Celts in
                                            the heart.

                                            Accent: I agree Scottish (if you can understand it) has a very
                                            musical lilt but so has Irish.
                                            As an American you may find difficulty making sense of Cockneys
                                            (Londoners, born within the sound of Bow Bells)) Scoucers from
                                            Liverpool, Brummies from Birmingham, Geordies
                                            from Newcastle, or indeed people from West Cornwall.
                                            As for myself: Having travelled around a bit and been blessed with
                                            friends from all the places mentioned and many others, my lingo has
                                            been toned down (or up) to a depressing monotone. But then it's
                                            not always how you speak but what you say, don't you agree?

                                            Ps. Get well soon.
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 2, 2002
                                              Hi Jan
                                              You ask "Does that mean he (Prince Charles), doesn't in private"
                                              wear anything under his kilt

                                              Having voluntarily attested my loyalty to H.M Queen Elizabth the
                                              second, her heirs and successors,I cannot posibly answer that
                                              question.Besides which, I haven't been invited to the palace lately.

                                              Charles is Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall and you surely
                                              wouldn't want my head on the block for Lese Majesty.

                                            • Sam Adams
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Nov 2, 2002
                                                --- In ticket2write@y..., "Jan_Neptune" <jan_neptune@y...> wrote:

                                                > It is a fact that writers are the most compulsive group in the world,
                                                > aren't they?
                                                >
                                                > Jan C.

                                                Obsessive certainly, but never compulsive.

                                                Sam