35408Re: ACROSTIC - A Poem (Gwen)

  • queen_of_cryptic_cyphers
    Jan 1, 2008
      Hey Wings Sir,

      No denigration intended...really. It is just that Jim recongized the
      contrast in tone of the earlier lines of this poem to the last one.
      That is all. I was just trying to be consistent. BTW, I think some of
      my Norwegian ancestors were fisherman so no complaining from me.

      Hugs to you in the new year. Wishing you blessings galore.

      Gwen

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "wings081" <wings081@...> wrote:

      > Dear Gwen
      > What's with this denigration of fish wives.
      > Definitely non-PC
      > Besides I've known some pretty fish wives daughters.
      > Very expressive with their terminology but made up for it in other
      > ways.
      > HNY once again

      > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "queen_of_cryptic_cyphers"
      > <poetry4u@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear Jim,
      > >
      > > Don't hear from you so often but I really appreciated your
      comments
      > > on this poem. It is amazing how connotations of words vary. I
      > rewrote
      > > that one line and think the poem is much richer now.
      The 'fishwife'
      > > is gone.
      > >

      > > Thanks again.
      > > Gwen
      > >
      > > ACROSTIC
      > >
      > > Harbors and the way you talk to me
      > > Adrenaline and the highest spring tides – Come:
      > > Play waves of sax or piano to me
      > > Palpate my shores with wine and roses
      > > Yield to new fathoms of ecstasy!
      > >
      > > © Gwen Ames, 2007
      > >

      > > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Lamoreux" <jlamoreux@>
      > > wrote:
      > >
      > > > ---I was reading along with this thinking what an artfully
      > > contrived poem
      > > > when I landed on the word "yell." I have no idea why I stopped
      > > there. It
      > > > makes me think of two things. 1.) we go from royalty to
      fishwife
      > in
      > > the
      > > > voice and 2.) that may not be bad. Maybe it is good that I
      > stopped
      > > there.
      > > > For some reason "yell" just stands out for me in contrast to
      > things
      > > like
      > > > "Palpate my shores" and "the way you talk to me." This is just
      > > a "reader's
      > > > evaluation." Others may not even have noticed, the poem is so
      > tight
      > > and
      > > > nicely done.
      > > >

      > > > ACROSTIC
      > > >
      > > > Harbors and the way you talk to me
      > > > Adrenaline and the highest spring tides - Come:
      > > > Play waves of sax or piano to me
      > > > Palpate my shores with wine and roses
      > > > Yell out my name in ecstasy!
      > > >
      > > > C Gwen Ames, 2007