35403Re: ACROSTIC - A Poem (Jim)

  • queen_of_cryptic_cyphers
    Jan 1, 2008
      Dear Jim,

      Don't hear from you so often but I really appreciated your comments
      on this poem. It is amazing how connotations of words vary. I rewrote
      that one line and think the poem is much richer now. The 'fishwife'
      is gone.

      Thanks again.
      Gwen

      ACROSTIC

      Harbors and the way you talk to me
      Adrenaline and the highest spring tides – Come:
      Play waves of sax or piano to me
      Palpate my shores with wine and roses
      Yield to new fathoms of ecstasy!

      © Gwen Ames, 2007

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Lamoreux" <jlamoreux@...>
      wrote:

      > ---I was reading along with this thinking what an artfully
      contrived poem
      > when I landed on the word "yell." I have no idea why I stopped
      there. It
      > makes me think of two things. 1.) we go from royalty to fishwife in
      the
      > voice and 2.) that may not be bad. Maybe it is good that I stopped
      there.
      > For some reason "yell" just stands out for me in contrast to things
      like
      > "Palpate my shores" and "the way you talk to me." This is just
      a "reader's
      > evaluation." Others may not even have noticed, the poem is so tight
      and
      > nicely done.
      >

      > ACROSTIC
      >
      > Harbors and the way you talk to me
      > Adrenaline and the highest spring tides - Come:
      > Play waves of sax or piano to me
      > Palpate my shores with wine and roses
      > Yell out my name in ecstasy!
      >
      > C Gwen Ames, 2007