25398Re: The moral of the story. (Wings)

  • Carol
    Dec 2, 2005
      Great story as always. This gal reminds me of my grandmother who
      passed away two years ago at the age of 97. Grand lady who
      faithfully, goos year or bad, rooted for the Detroit Tigers and
      always had a bottle of whiskey in her cupboard for, as she
      said, "medicinal purposes." She rode to Sturgis (huge motorcycle
      rally in South Dakota) in her seventies on the back my cousin's
      Harley and would have gone skydiving on her eightieth birthday, but
      her cardiologist talked her out of it. Nothing kept
      her down until she had a stroke at 92 and lost the use of one arm and
      one leg. Thanks for reviving some nice memories for me.
      Always,
      Carol