20725Re: Awesome melioration (Jerry 20688)

    Dec 1 4:03 PM
      Thank you Jerry
      Although the UK is locked in pretty tightly with US policies as our
      strongest and most reliable ally, I do not believe the man in the
      street over here has a firm opinion one way or the other which party
      you elect.
      As for myself: I have no vote outside our borders but I respect
      whoever the majority choose.
      The American branch of my family tree is split. The Washington limb
      voted democrat I think and the Michigans caught the other bus.
      Main thing that matters is: both sections are as close as a family
      should be.

      You say you have more comedians per capita than any other country
      in the world. I beg to differ. We have politicians and a judiciary
      over here who would have you rolling in the aisles if they weren't so
      pathetic.
      However, they may be an ugly lot but they're mine so I'll
      just grin and bear it.

      As for stirring the pot: It is only to ensure my friends are well
      fed and to quote the Bard of Avon: `Tis an ill cook the cannot
      lick his fingers.

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jerry5849@y...> wrote:

      > Friend Wings,
      > For my part, I know you to be a staunch ally of Americans, though
      > this may or may not extend to any administration which might be in
      > office at a particular time. I have often wished I could see the
      > United States through another's eyes, and with your kind help I
      > can. We Americans are silly people at the best of times (as are
      > most people around the world I suspect).
      > It takes a lot to laugh at oneself, but we do try. We do indeed
      > try. I may be wrong, but I think we have more comedians per
      capita
      > in this country than any other country in the world. We need
      them.
      > (LOL)
      > You are indeed a champion of this nation, but leave it to you my
      > friend to stir the pot (as well as a lot of female hearts).
      > As always,
      > Jerry
      >
      > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, wings081 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:

      > > Awesome melioration
      > >
      > > Danny, Kate and any member who has taken exception to my
      > > `awesome' post.
      > >
      > > When you have been with this group as long as Suzianne, Jerry,
      AD