11857Re: your thoughts please

  • lindsay_kaplan
    May 1, 2003
      Daleen--
      Very moving. You pull on many emotional strings in your poem. Rather
      than asking the questions, I would see how these thoughts might link together
      more fluidly in sentences. Try extending each thought out, and drawing out
      some poignant memories or examples interspersed.
      --Lindsay

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, freespirit_1112 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Memory of Me
      > What if I die tomorrow,
      > Will there be lots of tears and sorrow?
      > What was my life all about,
      > Was it filled by self-love or consumed in self-doubt?
      > What were all my achievements in life,
      > Was I a good daughter, a good mother, good wife?
      > Will anyone miss me or even feel sad,
      > Would they say my life was happy, or negative and sad?
      > What of my sons, of whom I loved dearly,
      > Will happiness find them, will life treat them fairly?
      > What most will people remember me by,
      > Did anyone know how I adored the sunset, the trees, and the sky?
      > Did anyone truly get to know me deep inside,
      > Did I achieve my soul's purpose before the day I died?
      >
      > Daleen Marie Fletcher
      >

      > ps this was shortened.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic