Re: Medicine Buddha's Myrobalam

  • Do I Even Know?
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2007
      The myrobalam is a very useful tree. The plums are used in making
      plum sauce, and there are medicianal uses for it. There is a site
      that lists them, or some. I went on the same search a few years
      back. Maybe I can find some of that info.

      bahB

      --- In tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com, "ArdhyRyadi"
      <ardhyryadi@...> wrote:

      > Dear all,
      >
      > Why does the Medicine Buddha's hold Myrobalam leaves? Is there any
      > particular qualities of the myrobalam in ancient indian medicine that
      > relates to Buddhism?
      >
      > Rgds
      >
      > Ardhyryadi
      > www.geocities.com/lamajetsongkhapa

    • Do I Even Know?
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25, 2007
        Here's a couple links.

        http://www.terminalia.com/

        http://www.herbmed.org/Herbs/Herb126.htm

        This seems pretty good. Lots of references.

        Or you can search.google the scientific name. *Terminalia arjuna*.

        Hope that helps. bahB

        --- In tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Do I Even Know?"