RE: [TBG] Tattoo

  • Воеводин Дмитрий
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2007

      >I want to have the Dzogchen sign tattooed on my arm as a token of my

      >solidarity with the Tibetan people. Any comments on this ???
      size=2 color=olive face=Arial>

      Why not on your mind? J

      B.R.

      Dmitry

      Russia

    • tom talylor
      Message 2 of 8 , May 10, 2007
        I think tattoos are nice. A friend has Hum on his
        right shoulder, its very nice. I have a tattoo "Ancora
        Imparo" which means "Still Learning" on my forearm
        Everytime someone asks me what it means, I get to deal
        with patience, and use it like a mantra itself almost.
        Hopefully after 1000 times explaining it, I'll have
        learned everything! Whatever happens, don't worry,
        enjoy the ink on your arm!

        --- ÷ÏÅ×ÏÄÉÎ äÍÉÔÒÉÊ <voevodin@...> wrote:

        > >I want to have the Dzogchen sign tattooed on my arm
        > as a token of my
        > >solidarity with the Tibetan people. Any comments on
        > this ???
        >

        > Why not on your mind? :-)
        >

        > B.R.
        >
        > Dmitry
        >
        > Russia

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Воеводин Дмитрий
        Message 3 of 8 , May 10, 2007

          I don’t now. I have some doubts about because my small experience.

          I’m just a beginner but after I repeat 6-th syllable mantra constantly, after I went with it, sleep with it, feel it, and fill up by it, it burn in my mind.

          I even repeat it in my dreams.

          Yes, it’s my favorite mantra but I don’t see any reason to burn it in my body because it’s burned out in my mind. I can just fill up by it all around.

          I mean the flow. It’s started in mind I suppose.

          B. R.

          Dmitry

        • Federica Mastropaolo
          Message 4 of 8 , May 10, 2007
            Mantras are usually kept secret....
            in the case of a tibetan syllable for instance, like the one used in Dzogchen, or some special symbols it is important not to explane the meaning.
            Obviously we can say it is a tibetan symbol.
            I feel that this kind tatoo's are meant for us to remember rather then to show to others.
            Tatoo's which are not secret instead can also be messages.
            Ciao
            Federica

            --- ÷ÏÅ×ÏÄÉÎ äÍÉÔÒÉÊ <voevodin@hgs. ru> wrote:

            > >I want to have the Dzogchen sign tattooed on my arm
            > as a token of my
            > >solidarity with the Tibetan people. Any comments on
            > this ???
            >

            > Why not on your mind? :-)
            >

            > B.R.
            >
            > Dmitry
            >
            > Russia

            Do You Yahoo!?
            http://mail. yahoo.com

          • Angelic Shadows
            Message 5 of 8 , May 10, 2007
              For many the choice to get a tattoo is deeply spiritual, and some do not understand the damage that can be done to the etheric body by placing negative tattoo's upon the body. When I chose my first an only tattoo thus far, it was the triquetra. Although professed to be an ancient Gaelic symbol, it is very symbolic of the Triple Aspect in many cultures. With coloring to represent the chakras, as well as the elements, it was also to signify the opening of my belief systems. The night I had the tattoo, I was given a dream, where I was seeing what appeared to be a tattoo, of a Tibetan Thangka. It was VERY spiritual.

              Laura

              ÷ÏÅ×ÏÄÉÎ äÍÉÔÒÉÊ <voevodin@...> wrote:
              I don’t now. I have some doubts about because my small experience.
              I’m just a beginner but after I repeat 6-th syllable mantra constantly, after I went with it, sleep with it, feel it, and fill up by it, it burn in my mind.
              I even repeat it in my dreams.
              Yes, it’s my favorite mantra but I don’t see any reason to burn it in my body because it’s burned out in my mind. I can just fill up by it all around.
              I mean the flow. It’s started in mind I suppose.
              B. R.
              Dmitry

              Get your own web address.

            • Ed Yorke
              Message 6 of 8 , May 12, 2007
                I have heard that Tattoos are generally not recommended in Buddhism.  Perhaps it puts too much identification upon the body?

[...]

                8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
              • Angelic Shadows
                Message 7 of 8 , May 12, 2007
                  I believe it is deeply personal.

                  Ed Yorke <eyorke01@...> wrote:
[...]

                  Don't pick lemons.
                  See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                • Воеводин Дмитрий
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 15, 2007

                    Only Buddha has signs J

                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty-two_marks_of_the_Buddha