Re: [TBG] Digest Number 1384

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi Shelly,

      Your post does contain misconceptions that can be taken as offensive. Didn't think that being offensive was your intent, however.

      A glaring examples from your post below: "these dogs...were believed to be reincarnated Lamas,"

      A rebirth as an animal isn't thought of as being a fortunate rebirth, but quite the opposite. Also reincarnation is not the right way to describe the Buddhist teaching on rebirth.

      If you're interested in Tibetan Buddhism, please email me, off-list, with your general location and I'll search for some authentic Tibetan Buddhist tecahers and groups near you, so that you can make contact and see if you have a connection with these teachings. You will not learn Tibetan Buddhism from a email group and really shouldn't attempt to.

      This group isn't tibetanlanguagecaninenames@yahoogroups.com, but if all you want is a Tibetan name for your dog, email me, off-list, and I might be able to help.

      Joe

      1b. Re: Digest Number 1383
      Posted by: "Shelley Nicholson" shelley.nicholson@... dark_aisling
      Date: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:28 am (PDT)

      On 29/09/06, Joe <jmz1@...> wrote:
      > This list really needs active moderation.
      > Joe

      Dear Joe,

      Was there something offensive about my post? It certainly isn't my
      intention to offend. My intention is the complete opposite. As these
      dogs were originally bred by Tibetan monks as inter-temple watch dogs,
      and were believed to be reincarnated Lamas, I felt this could very
      well be the right place to look assistance.

      If I am in the wrong place I can certainly unsubscribe from the list
      and seek out others who may be more able to offer suggestions.

      Shelley