Dalai Lama Daily Advice.....142

  • tara whispers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2006
      In Argentina recently, a judge asked me what I think of the
      death penalty as a means of upholding the law. My position
      is that death is unacceptable for a variety of reasons and
      I sincerely hope that one day it will be ablolished throughout
      the world. Most importantly, it is a very serious act that
      takes away from the criminal any chance of redeeming
      himself. and yet criminal any chance of redeeming himself.
      And yet criminals are human beings like any other , who can
      improve according to circumstance in the same way as you
      or I could, in certain circumstances, become worse. Let us
      give them a chance. Let us not treat them as an evil that
      we want to get rid of at all costs.

      142.....

      With Metta,
      Tara