    Message 1 of 785 , Jan 12, 2006
      Our buddha nature has an active aspect, which is our �inner teacher.� From
      the very moment we became obscured, this �inner teacher� has worked
      tirelessly for us, tirelessly trying to bring us back to the radiance and
      spaciousness of our true being. Not for one second, my master Jamyang
      Khyentse said, has the inner teacher given up on us. In its infinite
      compassion, one with the infinite compassion of all the buddhas and all the
      enlightened beings, it has been ceaselessly working for our evolution�not
      only in this life but in all our past lives�using all kinds of skillful
      means and all types of situations to teach and awaken us and to guide us
      back to the truth.

      Is karma really so hard to see in operation? Don�t we only have to look back
      at our own lives to see clearly the consequences of some of our actions?
      When we upset or hurt someone, didn�t it rebound on us? Were we not left
      with a bitter and dark memory, and the shadows of self-disgust? That memory
      and those shadows are karma. Our habits and our fears too are also due to
      karma, the results of our past actions, words, and thoughts. If we examine
      our actions, and become really mindful of them, we will see that there is a
      pattern that repeats itself. Whenever we act negatively, it leads to pain
      and suffering; whenever we act positively, it eventually results in
      happiness.

      Message 785 of 785 , Aug 6, 2011