    Message 1 of 785 , Nov 14, 2005
      Whatever is happening to us now mirrors our past karma. If we know that, and
      know it truly, whenever suffering and difficulties befall us, we do not view
      them particularly as failures or catastrophes, or see suffering as a
      punishment in any way. Nor do we blame ourselves or indulge in self-hatred.

      We see the pain we are going through as the completion of the effects, the
      fruition, of a past karma. Tibetans say that suffering is �a broom that
      sweeps away all our negative karma.� We can even be grateful that one karma
      is coming to an end. We know that �good fortune,� a fruit of good karma, may
      soon pass if we do not use it well, and that �misfortune,� the result of
      negative karma, may in fact be giving us a marvelous opportunity to evolve.

      Some day, after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides and
      gravity, . . . we shall harness . . . the energies of love. Then, for the
      second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.

      TEILHARD DE CHARDIN
      Message 785 of 785 , Aug 6, 2011