Fw: [riwocheannounce] New Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche Book

  • roundthestupa@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 26, 2005
      From: "jrigzintute" <jrigzintute@...>
      To: <riwocheannounce@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:08 AM
      Subject: [riwocheannounce] New Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche Book

      Dear Sangha:

      I received this email from Sheila Richardson about this very
      important publication. We wanted the community to know about it.

      Rigzin

      Hi Rigzin:

      I received an email from Chagdud Tulku's people that finally the
      Nyingtik lineage history written by Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche and
      translated into English by Richard Barron is complete and available
      for sale. Please let the community know about this publication.
      We had a small hand in making this project happen, in that the
      manuscript disappeared for a few days in lost luggage, and in this
      case, after a few sleepless nights we were successful in retrieving
      it.

      Best price in Canada is available at amazon.ca, which is offering
      the book at 30 percent off ($40.17) with free shipping once it is
      available (next week, hardcover only).

      Book Description
      A Marvelous Garland of Rare Gems: Biographies of Masters of
      Awareness in the Dzogchen Lineage is the only comprehensive history
      of the Nyingtik lineage, which forms the core of the body of
      teachings known as Dzogchen (Great Perfection) in the Tibetan
      Buddhist tradition. It was written by the late Nyoshul Khen
      Rinpoché, Jamyang Dorjé (1931-1999), one of the most outstanding and
      knowledgeable exponents of Dzogchen. In this work, framed as a
      series of biographical accounts, Nyoshul Khenpo provides a wealth of
      information invaluable to spiritual practitioners as well as to
      historians studying the cultures of central Asia.
      In his introduction, Sogyal Rinpoche underscores the importance of
      this work: "`There could come a time in the future,' [Nyoshul
      Khenpo] wrote, `when holders of the lineage would profess to
      transmit the lineage without being able to recall even the names of
      its masters.' This is why he considered this history to be `as
      indispensable as our eyes or our life force,' providing all the
      grounds and inspiration ever needed for total conviction. He
      compared the life stories of the vidyadhara masters in this lineage
      to a fine chain of gold or a garland of rare gems. .With immense
      attention to detail, Nyoshul Khenpo maps out the `ultimate lineage
      of direct transmission,' the heart of all the lines of transmission
      of Dzogpachenpo from the primordial buddha to the present day,
      showing the connection between masters and students in an unbroken
      line of succession. His work stands out because of its completeness,
      for it includes all of the distinct lineages, along with the lives
      of the students of the great masters, stories from the oral
      tradition, and the different teaching styles. Anyone who matters is
      represented here, every link in the chain, including masters of our
      time. .It is a milestone, and I do not feel that it will ever be
      equaled."
    • gurupemasiddhihum
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 26, 2005
        This book is published by Padma Publishing, which can be accessed
        through website: http://www.tibetantreasures.com

        Here is direct link to the page about the book:
        http://www.tibetantreasures.com/tthtml/ppbooks/bomgorg.html

        Title of the book:
        "A Marvelous Garland of Rare Gems"
        It is written by late Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche, Jamyang Dorge of Kathok
        Dorje Den (1931-1999). Translated by Richard Barron.
      • alex boianghu
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 26, 2005
          I am a student of lama drimed and lama zangpo of
          chagdud gompa and can vouch for the importance of the
          book. In addition, if anyone would like to meet lama
          zangpo, a student of twenty years with chagdud
          rinpoche, he will be conducting a 3 day retreat in
          brookfield connecticut. For info call alex
          (203)743-5355

> [...]
          > attention to detail, Nyoshul Khenpo maps out the
          > `ultimate lineage
          > of direct transmission,' the heart of all the lines
          > of transmission
          > of Dzogpachenpo from the primordial buddha to the
          > present day,
          > showing the connection between masters and students
          > in an unbroken
          > line of succession. His work stands out because of
          > its completeness,
          > for it includes all of the distinct lineages, along
          > with the lives
          > of the students of the great masters, stories from
          > the oral
          > tradition, and the different teaching styles. Anyone
          > who matters is
          > represented here, every link in the chain, including
          > masters of our
          > time. .It is a milestone, and I do not feel that it

          __________________________________
          http://farechase.yahoo.com
        • bruce quarles
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 26, 2005
            overstock.com has it for $31.59
            in the US

            alex boianghu <boianwms@...> wrote:
> [...]

            > attention to detail, Nyoshul Khenpo maps out the
            > `ultimate lineage
            > of direct transmission,' the heart of all the lines
            > of transmission
            > of Dzogpachenpo from the primordial buddha to the
            > present day,
            > showing the connection between masters and students
            > in an unbroken
            > line of succession. His work stands out because of
            > its completeness,
            > for it includes all of the distinct lineages, along
            > with the lives
            > of the students of the great masters, stories from
            > the oral
            > tradition, and the different teaching styles. Anyone
            > who matters is
            > represented here, every link in the chain, including
            > masters of our
            > time. .It is a milestone, and I do not feel that it

            http://farechase.yahoo.com

            http://www.rigpaus.org/Glimpse/Glimpse.php - "Glimpses" by Sogyal Rinpoche

            Sogyal rinpoche Tibetan buddhism Guru rinpoche