    Message 1 of 785 , Jul 22, 2005
      The teachings tell us what it is we need to realize, but we also have to go
      on our own journey, in order to come to a personal realization. That journey
      may take us through suffering, difficulties, and doubts of all kinds, but
      they will become our greatest teachers. Through them we will learn the
      humility to recognize our limitations, and through them we will discover the
      inner strength and fearlessness we need to emerge from our old habits and
      set patterns, and surrender into the vaster vision of real freedom offered
      by the spiritual teachings.

      We are so addicted to looking outside ourselves that we have lost access to
      our inner being almost completely. We are terrified to look inward, because
      our culture has given us no idea of what we will find. We may even think
      that if we do, we will be in danger of madness. This is one of the last and
      most resourceful ploys of ego to prevent us from discovering our real
      nature.

      So we make our lives so hectic that we eliminate the slightest risk of
      looking into ourselves. Even the idea of meditation can scare people. When
      they hear the words egoless or emptiness, they think that experiencing those
      states will be like being thrown out the door of a spaceship to float
      forever in a dark, chilling void. Nothing could be further from the truth.
      But in a world dedicated to distraction, silence and stillness terrify us;
      we protect ourselves from them with noise and frantic busyness. Looking into
      the nature of our mind is the last thing we would dare to do.

      Get cheap fares online with MSN Travel http://www.msn.com.sg/travel/
      Message 785 of 785 , Aug 6, 2011