    Message 1 of 785 , Jun 17, 2005
      How can we work to overcome attachment? Only by realizing its impermanent
      nature; this realization slowly releases us from its grip. We come to
      glimpse what the masters say the true attitude to change can be: as if we
      were the sky looking at the clouds passing by, or as free as mercury. When
      mercury is dropped on the ground, its very nature is to remain intact; it
      never mixes with the dust.

      As we try to follow the masters� advice and are slowly released from
      attachment, a great compassion is released in us. The clouds of grasping
      part and disperse, and the sun of our true compassionate heart shines out.

      Quietly sitting, body still, speech silent, mind at peace, let thoughts and
      emotions, whatever rises, come and go, without clinging to anything.

      What does this state feel like? Dudjom Rinpoche used to say: Imagine a man
      who comes home after a long, hard day�s work in the fields, and sinks into
      his favorite chair in front of the fire. He has been working all day and he
      knows that he has achieved what he wanted to achieve; there is nothing more
      to worry about, nothing left unaccomplished, and he can let go completely of
      all his cares and concerns, content, simply, to be.

      Find just what you are after with the more precise, more powerful new MSN
      Search. http://search.msn.com.sg/ Try it now.
      Message 785 of 785 , Aug 6, 2011