FW: Rigpa Glimpse of the Day

    Message 1 of 36 , Mar 1 4:39 PM
      A wave in the sea, seen in one way, seems to have a distinct identity, an
      end and a beginning, a birth anda death. Seen in another way, the wave
      itself doesn�t really exist but is just the behavior of water, �empty� of
      any separate identity but �full� of water. So when you really think about
      the wave, you come to realize that it is something that has been made
      temporarily possible by wind and water, and is dependent on a set of
      constantly changing circumstances. You also realize that every wave is
      related to every other wave.

      Whatever we have done with our lives makes us what we are when we die. And
      everything, absolutely everything, counts.

      Keep track of Singapore & Malaysia stock prices.
      http://www.msn.com.sg/money/
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 21, 2011

        I remember how people would often come to see my master Jamyang Khyentse simply to ask for his guidance for the moment of death. He was so loved and revered throughout Tibet, especially in the eastern province of Kham, that some would travel for months on end to meet him and get his blessing just once before they died. All my masters would give this as their advice, for this is the essence of what is needed as you come to die:

        “Be free of attachment and aversion. Keep your mind pure. And unite your mind with Buddha.”