Re: [TBG] RE: Rigpa Glimpse of the Day

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 14, 2004
      Tashi Deleg Choon,

      Before we do anything look at our motivation.

      If it(motivation) is negative and might cause harm to others, drop the idea
      and don't even thinking about it!
      If it is for oneself's benefit but will also bring benefit to others,
      transform your mind before you do it!
      If it is positive and will not harm others but bring benefit them just do
      it!
      If it is positive but might harm other, better to re-consider before you do
      it!

      Best Regards
      Namdrol Tsepal

      Find love on MSN Personals http://personals.msn.com.sg/
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 15, 2004
        Tashi Deleg!

        I will seek advise from my Lama or an enlighten being. Because every case is
        different they should be able to give good advise.

        Sarwa Mangalam
        May all be Auspicious!
> [...]

        > >Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > >Predicted will be the first sutra to disappear in the Dharma ending age.
        >It
        > >reveals the law of causality relating to both delusion and enlightenment
        > >and teaches the methods of practice and realization to destroy forever
        >the
        > >roots of birth and death. Download a copy:
        > >http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/surangama.pdf
        > >The Ancient Exlixir of Health http://www.sarinoni.com
        > >

        > >http://www.rigpaus.org/Glimpse/Glimpse.php - "Glimpses" by Sogyal
        >Rinpoche
        > >Yahoo! Groups Links

        >Predicted will be the first sutra to disappear in the Dharma ending age. It
        >reveals the law of causality relating to both delusion and enlightenment
        >and teaches the methods of practice and realization to destroy forever the
        >roots of birth and death. Download a copy:

        Find answers fast with MSN Search BETA. http://beta.search.msn.com.sg/ New
        look and improved results. Give it a try!
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
          Tashi Deleg! Leona,

          I am not sure I understand your question.

          Sarwa Mangalam
          May all be Auspicious!
          Namdrol Tsepal

          Take a break! Find destinations on MSN Travel. http://www.msn.com.sg/travel/
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 27 8:32 PM
            Tashi Deleg! Leona,

            The message was to meditate about death not to meditate and communicate with
            the death.

            If we are not ready and we start to communicate with those have pass away is
            like a child playing with fire very dangers. As we still do not know how to
            control it. Maybe it will be better if you first find a Lama and seek his or
            her advise.

            Sarwa Mangalam
            May all be Auspicious!
            Namdrol Tsepal

            >From: Leona <langspil@...>
            >To: tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [TBG] RE: Rigpa Glimpse of the Day
            >Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:01:26 -0400 (EDT)
            >

            >Yesterday I sent an email about meditation & communication between people
            >who have passed away from this world. It was not posted, so I am wondering
            >if again I have asked the wrong question & it is not appropriate for this
            >group? Below, is stated: that of all mindfulness meditations That on death
            >is supreme.
            >What exactly does this mean? ~Leona~
            >
            >Namdrol Tsepal <tenzin111@...> wrote:
            >
            >In the ordinary mind, we perceive the stream of thoughts as continuous, but
            >in reality this is not the case. You will discover for yourself that there
            >is a gap between each thought. When the past thought is past, and the
            >future
            >thought has not yet arisen, you will always find a gap in which the Rigpa,
            >the nature of mind, is revealed. So the work of meditation is to allow
            >thoughts to slow down, to make that gap become more and more apparent.
            >
            >Sogyal Rinpoche
            >
            >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            >
            >Even Buddha died. His death was a teaching to shock the naive, the
            >indolent,
            >and the complacent, to wake us up to the truth that everything is
            >impermanent and death an inescapable fact of life. As he was approaching
            >death, Buddha said:
            >
            >Of all footprints
            >That of the elephant is supreme.
            >Of all mindfulness meditations
            >That on death is supreme.
            >

            >Sogyal Rinpoche

            >http://www.rigpaus.org/Glimpse/Glimpse.php - "Glimpses" by Sogyal Rinpoche
            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Get an advanced look at the new version of MSN Messenger.
            http://messenger.msn.com.sg/Beta/Default.aspx
          • Steven Levey
            Message 5 of 11 , May 17, 2005
              Leona-I feel similarly, that the Masters would have us practice "wakefullness" to as great a degree as we can, and especially at the death of the body. Fear, by its nature, diverts the mind's "vision" from that which it has an aversion to. As long as we segregate ourselves from looking at ourselves, as we go through the process of giving up all that really adheres to the body (personal emotions, memories, pains, even pleasures), then we are blocking our own desicion making faculty (mind) from learning through those experiences. Then, as an intelligant historian said: "If we do not learn from thte past, then we are doomed to repeat it." This is how we "lengthen the shadow" so to speak, of our kamic (desire) nature and then put off wakefullness. It is this karmic legacy which forces our rebirths, rather than our being able to direct our own re-births, as a consequence of having solved our problems though giving them the attention they deserved.
              I remember a few patients in the Hospice who intuited this. One in particular (from whom I vicariously realized much) said that he was frustrated by the fact that he was raised thinking that there is only one life, and he is sure he lived this one so poorly, that to him, it made no sense to have lived only this one. I remember feeling his frustration and confusion over having sensed this huge issue with no answers readily available to him from his own experience. He was left on his own with these intuitions, having been given no metaphors in his personal life to "gound" them in experience. This is what Buddhism gives.

              Steve

              Leona <langspil@...> wrote:
              Your lucky to have had the experience of working in a hospice; you were given the opportunity to give to those in need - and I am sure created some spiritual growth for yourself as well. Your right when you say people "fear" death, never want to talk about it or confront it - it seems a tabu subject. When Buddhists say we should think good thoughts at death to have a happier rebirth; I think they are really saying "be awake" at death. If fear overpowers you, it can effect your ability to be concious/aware. So I really think it is important to think about death, now, before it occurs and to work it out in ones mind in order to be aware at death. ~Leona~

              http://www.rigpaus.org/Glimpse/Glimpse.php - "Glimpses" by Sogyal Rinpoche

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 8, 2006
                Tashi Deleg!

                You are most welcome!!

                Sarwa Mangalam
                May all be Auspicious!
                Namdrol Tsepal

                Message 7 of 11 , May 26, 2006
                  Tashi Deleg!

                  Dear Veronica,

                  I have no knowledage of what christian's believe. If you were to look at how
                  both try to benefit others it does looks the same.

                  The only thing I can tell the different between both are in Buddhism we
                  respect no only the human right but also the animal as well. We should not
                  to kill another beings just because we like the taste of their meat, I
                  understand to some Christan's some animal are "made" to be human's food.

                  As for your question on the psysical suffering the Budha endured when he
                  meditated to end all suffering in the world for all beings.

                  It do not sound strange to me at all first due to our past cause and
                  condition which will not make it easy for us to practice on our path
                  suffering maybe expected.

                  If you do not understand why Buddha endured the suffering, the only thing I
                  can tell you is that he love us more then himself, like a mother would
                  endured any suffering for her child.

                  Sarwa Mangalam
                  May all be Auspicious!
                  Namdrol Tsepal

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 26, 2006
                    Tashi Deleg Veronica!

                    If you see what you choose to see!

                    My teacher used to ask me how many side does a coin have? The first I hear
                    this I ans 2 side, after hearing my ans he laugh and ask me to think
                    harder.... the real ans 3 side!

                    This tell us usually we decide what we think or see before we really look at
                    it! :) Slow down and you might find a different view of everything.......

                    Sarwa Mangalam
                    May all be Auspicious!
                    Namdrol Tsepal

                  • veronica maas
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 29, 2006
                      I agree - I even told the predikant in my christian church that I am a budhist.

                      But I talk a lot about christianity because that is the cultural heritage here - everybody knows the content of the bible - so this is the easiest way here to talk about religion - when you are just meeting people in the street or in church.

                      Anyway, frankly I do not feel I know enough about budhism to talk a lot about it. You see I was raised here in the r.k. religion - I only came into contact with budhism in 1993 or so.

                      In the life before this I was married to a moslim - and we lived among very poor people - somewhere in afrika.

                      I am glad I am married to a poor african moslim again in this life - I must have liked the life before this. I would like to go back to africa - but my husband says I should stay here.

                      I also do not know much about islam - as in islam religion is the job of the man - the only job of the woman is to raise the children and help and support her husband as best as she can.
                      That is fine with me - I like it that way.

                      So I only know quite a lot about the r.k. religion as I got a lot of sacraments in that church.

                      I am very interested in budhism and islam. But you know a lot more about is than I do I am sure.

                      All the best,

                      Veronica

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 5, 2007
                        This was so interesting. His Holiness says, regarding the forming of the material Universe:

                        "Buddhists would say there is a condition which makes it possible,
                        and we speak of that condition as the awareness of sentient beings."

                        To me this says that the "condition" for such forming, or manvantara in Sanskrit, is based in the thought of sentient beings. Therefore we all have something to do with its formation, beauty, preservation and destruction. When one looks at photos from the Hubble, there are wonderful vistas of Galaxies, Nebulae, Gas Clouds, Novas, etc. and a great deal of what we are looking at are really forms of dissolution in huge circumstances, but which are beheld in their awesome beauty. Also, a great deal of what we see has already happened, in some cases, thousands of years agao, as it takes these images ages to travel at the speed of light to our eye in the form of the Hubble telescope. In a way I think we are not only looking at the past, but at timelessness in which it all takes place.

                        Steve

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 16, 2007
                          Dear my friends,

                          Tomorrow 18-JULY-2007 is a Duchen Day = 10Mil. times multiplication of either positive or negative activities.

                          Best,

                          Nhien