    Message 1 of 785 , Nov 30, 2004
      When you are practicing meditation, it�s important not to get involved in
      mental commentary, analysis, or internal gossip. Do not mistake the running
      commentary in your mind (�Now I�m breathing in, now I�m breathing out�) for
      mindfulness; what is important is pure presence.

      Don�t concentrate too much on the breath; give it about 25 percent of your
      attention, with the other 75 percent quietly and spaciously relaxed. As you
      become more mindful of your breathing, you will find that you become more
      and more present, gather all your scattered aspects back into yourself, and
      become whole.

      Message 785 of 785 , Aug 6 7:34 PM