FW: Rigpa Glimpse of the Day

    Message 1 of 36 , Nov 28, 2004
      Taking life seriously does not mean spending our whole lives meditating as
      if we were living in the Himalaya Mountains or in the old days in Tibet. In
      the modern world, we have to work to earn our living, but we should not get
      entangled in a nine-to-five existence, where we live without any view of the
      deeper meaning of life.

      Our task is to strike a balance, to find a middle way, to learn not to
      overextend ourselves with extraneous activities and preoccupations, but to
      simplify our lives more and more. The key to finding a happy balance in
      modern life is simplicity.

      Sogyal Rinpoche>

      Fast. Clear. Easy. The new MSN Search. http://search.msn.com.sg/
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 21, 2011

        I remember how people would often come to see my master Jamyang Khyentse simply to ask for his guidance for the moment of death. He was so loved and revered throughout Tibet, especially in the eastern province of Kham, that some would travel for months on end to meet him and get his blessing just once before they died. All my masters would give this as their advice, for this is the essence of what is needed as you come to die:

        “Be free of attachment and aversion. Keep your mind pure. And unite your mind with Buddha.”