FW: Rigpa Glimpse of the Day

    Message 1 of 36 , Nov 28, 2004
      The teachings show us precisely what will happen if we prepare for death and
      what will happen if we do not. The choice could not be clearer. If we refuse
      to accept death now, while we are still alive, we will pay dearly throughout
      our lives, at the moment of death, and thereafter. The effects of this
      refusal will ravage this life and all the lives to come.

      We will not be able to live our lives fully; we will remain imprisoned in
      the very aspect of ourselves that has to die. This ignorance will rob us of
      the basis of the journey to enlightenment, and trap us endlessly in the
      realm of illusion, the uncontrolled cycle of birth and death, that ocean of
      suffering that Buddhists call �samsara.�

      Get cheap fares online with MSN Travel http://www.msn.com.sg/travel/
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 21, 2011

        I remember how people would often come to see my master Jamyang Khyentse simply to ask for his guidance for the moment of death. He was so loved and revered throughout Tibet, especially in the eastern province of Kham, that some would travel for months on end to meet him and get his blessing just once before they died. All my masters would give this as their advice, for this is the essence of what is needed as you come to die:

        “Be free of attachment and aversion. Keep your mind pure. And unite your mind with Buddha.”