    Message 1 of 785 , Nov 7, 2004
      Isn�t it extraordinary that our minds cannot stay still for longer than a
      few moments without grasping after distraction? They are so restless and
      preoccupied that sometimes I think that living in a city in the modern
      world, we are already like the tormented beings in the intermediate state
      after death, where the consciousness is said to be agonizingly restless.

      We are fragmented into so many different aspects. We don�t know who we
      really are, or what aspects of ourselves we should identify with or believe
      in. So many contradictory voices, dictates, and feelings fight for control
      over our inner lives that we find ourselves scattered everywhere, in all
      directions, leaving nobody at home.

      Meditation, then, is bringing the mind home.

      Keep track of Singapore & Malaysia stock prices.
      http://www.msn.com.sg/money/
      Message 785 of 785 , Aug 6, 2011