FW: Rigpa Glimpse of the Day

    Message 1 of 36 , Sep 21 2:22 AM
      Tashi Deleg,

      This is great so share it with your freinds. ;o)

      Namdrol Tsepal

      When someone is suffering and you find yourself at a loss to know how to
      help, put yourself unflinchingly in his or her place. Imagine as vividly as
      possible what you would be going through if you were suffering the same
      pain. Ask yourself: �How would I feel? How would I want my friends to treat
      me? What would I most want from them?�

      When you exchange yourself for others in this way, you are directly
      transferring your cherishing from its usual object, yourself, to other
      beings. So exchanging yourself for others is a very powerful way of
      loosening the hold on you of the self-cherishing and the self-grasping of
      ego, and so of releasing the heart of your compassion.

      Take a break! Find destinations on MSN Travel. http://www.msn.com.sg/travel/
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 21, 2011

        I remember how people would often come to see my master Jamyang Khyentse simply to ask for his guidance for the moment of death. He was so loved and revered throughout Tibet, especially in the eastern province of Kham, that some would travel for months on end to meet him and get his blessing just once before they died. All my masters would give this as their advice, for this is the essence of what is needed as you come to die:

        “Be free of attachment and aversion. Keep your mind pure. And unite your mind with Buddha.”