FW: Rigpa Glimpse of the Day

    Message 1 of 36 , Sep 6, 2004
      Difficulties and obstacles, if properly understood and used, can turn out to
      be an unexpected source of strength. Gesar was the great warrior king of
      Tibet, whose escapades form the greatest epic of Tibetan literature. Gesar
      means �indomitable,� someone who can never be put down. From the moment
      Gesar was born, his evil uncle Trotung tried all kinds of means to kill him.
      But with each attempt Gesar only grew stronger and stronger.
      For the Tibetans, Gesar is not only a martial warrior but also a spiritual
      one. To be a spiritual warrior means to develop a special kind of courage,
      one that is innately intelligent, gentle, and fearless. Spiritual warriors
      can still be frightened, but even so they are courageous enough to taste
      suffering, to relate clearly to their fundamental fear, and to draw out
      without evasion the lessons from difficulties

      Sogyal Rinpoche

      Tashi Deleg
      Namdrol Tsepal

      Fast. Clear. Easy. The new face of MSN Search. http://search.msn.com.sg/
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 21, 2011

        I remember how people would often come to see my master Jamyang Khyentse simply to ask for his guidance for the moment of death. He was so loved and revered throughout Tibet, especially in the eastern province of Kham, that some would travel for months on end to meet him and get his blessing just once before they died. All my masters would give this as their advice, for this is the essence of what is needed as you come to die:

        “Be free of attachment and aversion. Keep your mind pure. And unite your mind with Buddha.”