Today is 10th day of lunar month - Guru Rinpoche day

  • gurupemasiddhihum
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      Today happens to be 1st time that we have Guru Rinpoche day take
      place in this lunar year, it also falls on 1st month of the year,
      when things we do are multiplied (Month connected to Buddha
      Shakyamuni performing miracles to inspire faith). Actually in Tibet
      and in large monasteries in India there are celebrations still going
      on, they tend to go for up to 2 weeks from 1st(of lunar month) so up
      to 6th of march(of ours), which marks Buddha Amithaba day and is a
      special Buddha Shakyamuni day called "Chotrul Dechen"...