Glimpse of the day, July 1st

  • kyabdro
    Message 1 of 161 , Jul 1, 2003
      In meditation, negative experiences are the most misleading, because
      we tend to take them as a bad sign. But in fact the negative
      experiences in our practice are blessings in disguise. Try to not
      react to them with aversion as you might normally do, but recognize
      them instead for what they truly are, merely experiences, illusory
      and dreamlike.

      The realization of the true nature of the experience liberates you
      from the harm or danger of the experience itself, and as a result a
      negative experience can become a source of great blessing and
      accomplishment. There are innumerable stories of how masters worked
      like this with negative experiences and transformed them into
      catalysts for realization.

      -SOGYAL RINPOCHE in the book the Book: "Glimpse After Glimpse"

      -Glimpses in your mail: http://www.rigpa.org/cgi-local/mojo.cgi
    • gurupemasiddhihum
      Message 161 of 161 , Apr 1 9:39 AM
        Since everything is but an apparition,
        Perfect in being what it is,
        Having nothing to do with good or bad,
        Acceptance or rejection
        You might as well burst out laughing!

        LONGCHENPA

        -Sogyal Rinpoche in book: "Glimpse After Glimpse" available online at:
        http://www.rigpa.org/Glimpse/Glimpse.php