Glimpse of the day, May 31th

  • kyabdro
    Message 1 of 161 , May 31, 2003
      How can we work to overcome attachment? Only by realizing its
      impermanent nature; this realization slowly releases us from its
      grip. We come to glimpse what the masters say the true attitude to
      change can be: as if we were the sky looking at the clouds passing
      by, or as free as mercury. When mercury is dropped on the ground, its
      very nature is to remain intact; it never mixes with the dust.

      As we try to follow the masters' advice and are slowly released from
      attachment, a great compassion is released in us. The clouds of
      grasping part and disperse, and the sun of our true compassionate
      heart shines out.

      -SOGYAL RINPOCHE in the book the Book: "Glimpse After Glimpse"

      -Glimpses in your mail: http://www.rigpa.org/cgi-local/mojo.cgi
    • gurupemasiddhihum
      Message 161 of 161 , Apr 1, 2004
        Since everything is but an apparition,
        Perfect in being what it is,
        Having nothing to do with good or bad,
        Acceptance or rejection
        You might as well burst out laughing!

        LONGCHENPA

        -Sogyal Rinpoche in book: "Glimpse After Glimpse" available online at:
        http://www.rigpa.org/Glimpse/Glimpse.php