Glimpse of the day, November 1st.

  • kyabdro
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      Taking life seriously does not mean spending our whole lives
      meditating as if we were living in the Himalaya Mountains or in the
      old days in Tibet. In the modern world, we have to work to earn our
      living, but we should not get entangled in a nine-to-five existence,
      where we live without any view of the deeper meaning of life.

      Our task is to strike a balance, to find a middle way, to learn not
      to overextend ourselves with extraneous activities and
      preoccupations, but to simplify our lives more and more. The key to
      finding a happy balance in modern life is simplicity.

      -SOGYAL RINPOCHE

      From Book: "Glimpse After Glimpse".

      http://www.rigpa.org