Glimpse of the Day, October 31st

  • kyabdro
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2002
      The teachings show us precisely what will happen if we prepare for
      death and what will happen if we do not. The choice could not be
      clearer. If we refuse to accept death now, while we are still alive,
      we will pay dearly throughout our lives, at the moment of death, and
      thereafter. The effects of this refusal will ravage this life and all
      the lives to come.

      We will not be able to live our lives fully; we will remain
      imprisoned in the very aspect of ourselves that has to die. This
      ignorance will rob us of the basis of the journey to enlightenment,
      and trap us endlessly in the realm of illusion, the uncontrolled
      cycle of birth and death, that ocean of suffering that Buddhists
      call "samsara."

      -SOGYAL RINPOCHE

      From Book: "Glimpse After Glimpse"

      http://www.rigpa.org