Glimpse of the Day. October 28th.

  • kyabdro
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2002
      Things will never be perfect. How could they be? We are still in
      samsara. Even when you have chosen your master and are following the
      teachings as sincerely as you can, you will meet difficulties and
      frustrations, contradictions and imperfections. Don't succumb to
      obstacles and tiny difficulties. These are often only ego's childish
      emotions. Don't let them blind you to the essential and enduring
      value of what you have chosen. Don't let your impatience drag you
      away from your commitment to the truth.

      I have been saddened, again and again, to see how many people take up
      a teaching or a master with enthusiasm and promise, only to lose
      heart when the smallest, unavoidable obstacles arise, then tumble
      back into samsara and old habits, and waste years or perhaps a
      lifetime.

      -SOGYAL RINPOCHE

      From Book: "Glimpse after Glimpse"

      http://www.rigpa.org