  • kyabdro
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2002
      Founder of this group, name of who we learned only after he was no
      longer alive (Leo) and to who we referred as Om_Ah_Hum when he was
      around, was a student of Sogyal Rinpoche. It is Sogyal Rinpoche who
      wrote best-selling introduction to Tibetan Buddhism that translated
      into more then 5 languages and became international best seller:
      Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.

      Sogyal Rinpoche founded "Rigpa" where Leo was getting instructions in
      meditation.

      Here is what Sogyal Rinpoche writes about "Looks like Me" stature,
      Leo asked me to use this wording on the site that we were
      collaborating on and traded e-mails 1 day before his tragic end...

      "The image of Padmasambhava, called 'Looks Like Me'- which has been
      Tibet's most scared image up to the Chinese Invasion. When the
      Precious Master, Guru Rinpoche, for the first time set eyes on this
      image in Samye - the first monastery of Tibet build in the 8th
      century - he said: 'It looks like me', after which he blessed the
      image and said: `Now, it is the same as me!'" -Om_Ah_Hum

      http://www.geocities.com/lhagyalo/padmasambhava.html
      -This is page in question.