Re: Do You Know What "The Golden Cloud" Is ?

  • dorjeshonnu
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2013
      "KungaJanis" <kungajanis@...> wrote:

      > "The Golden Cloud"?

      ha ha ha :D
      oh great joy and bliss for you

      sometimes megha is translated cloud, sometimes translated RAIN

      vajrapanjara tantra lists:

      delightful dakini, ocean of ecstasy,
      space, GOLDEN RAIN,
      great pleasure, ghasmari,
      extreme amusement, and secret charm:
      these are the eight tantras by which vajradakas bring benefit.

      hevajra mandala of all buddhas,
      secret treasury, source of vajra nectar,
      union of chakras, canopy, and source:
      these are famous as the six yogini tantras.

      of the first eight, first four are root, second four are explanatory

      delightful dakini is sarva buddha samayoga tantra
      ocean of ecstasy is dakaranva tantra
      space is khasama tantra
      GOLDEN RAIN is CHATUHPITA TANTRA

      find in karmapa derge kahgyur, volume 80, pg 361-453.

      for explanation, see

      koṅ.sprul blo.gros mtha'.yas
      jamgon kongtrul lodro thaye

      the treasury of knowledge, book six, part four:
      systems of buddhist tantra, page 294 and so on

      after 25 years
      find a lineageholder

      and GO PRACTICE

      ha ha ha emaho
    • Robert Kragen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2013
        Maybe he was making a kind of joke, and the "golden cloud" he was referring to is the way the visual field appears when you are in certain stabilized states of meditation such as Rigpa.  So you can't really study it at all in the academic sense and when he was telling you to study it, maybe he was just telling you to practice!

        On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 5:43 AM, KungaJanis <kungajanis@...> wrote:

        Does anyone know of a sutra, deity, possibly a mantra, called "The Golden Cloud"?

        Over 25 years ago, I meet a very old, Tibetan Buddhist, lama during the time I was taking the Kalachakra empowerment.
        He just walked up and asked me what I was doing there.
        My answer, which I can not remember, must have satisfied him.

        He nodded his head a few times, then told me, it was very important that I should study "The Golden Cloud".
        He waited until I had written the title down, nodded a few more times, then, he turned and walked away.

        I wish I could be more specific, but he did not say anything else about it.
        At that time, I thought it would be easy to find.
        It was not.

        As the years have passed, I have found many golden this and golden that, but no "Golden Cloud".
        I kept looking thinking, maybe, it had not been translated into English, yet.

        If anyone has any information on this please let me know.

        Thanks so much for your help in this matter.
        Janis (Kunga)