Glimpse of the day, June 29

  • Sherab Gyatso
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2013
      A daily quotation from the book "Glimpse After Glimpse " by Sogyal Rinpoche.

      June 29 All the Buddhist teachings are explained in terms of Ground, Path, and Fruition. The ground of Dzogchen is the fundamental, primordial state, our absolute nature, which is already perfect and always present. Patrul Rinpoche says: "It is neither to be sought externally, nor is it something you did not have before and that now has to be newly born in your mind." So from the point of view of the Ground—the absolute—our nature is the same as the buddhas', and there is no question at this level, "not a hair's breadth," the masters say, of teaching or practice to do.

      Sogyal Rinpoche in the book Glimpse after Glimpse
      http://usa.rigpa.org/index.php/teachings/glimpse-of-the-day