Re: Dzogchen the Great Perfection

  • Sherab Gyatso
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
      Thank you for joining and for writing.
      Good to have you here.

      --- In tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com, jerri kohler <jrrikhlr@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      > My name is Sangye.  I practice Dzogchen, the Great Perfection teachings of Tibetan Buddhism.  I lead a sangha in Annapolis, Md., and my practice is my life.
      > I would love to correspond with others on this path.
      > I am a student of Lama Surya Das.  I attend silent retreats twice yearly, and seek to meet others and hear about their practice.
      > Om Mani Pedme Hung,
      > Sangye

    • rubixthesecond
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2014
        Hello my name is Grant I'm a layperson I have no teacher but have past the third vision were you see the 42 wrathful and peaceful Buddhas with there consorts. I understand the dharma but am not well to articulate it. I practise wall gazing, and walking and sitting meditation. I have a few interesting dharma stories.
      • dorjeshonnu
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2014
          why an interest but no teacher

          seeing buddhas is auspicious
          desire to practice is fortunate
          pictures are for students
        • gurupemasiddhihum
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2014
            You write:
            Hello my name is Grant I'm a layperson.
            ```````````````
            Hello Grant, welcome here. Whether you are layperson or not, carries no weight in online discussion, really. we are all somewhat same on internet.

            You write:
            I have no teacher but have past the third vision were you see the 42 wrathful and peaceful Buddhas with there consorts.
            And I say, If you have real interest in Buddhism it is very good idea to buy books, go to temples, traven and receive teachings. In a short while you would not have to write "I have no teacher". It is not a game of any kind and this is how it is done, for thousands of years. Namely, you in fact put some effort into it.

            You write:
            I understand the dharma but am not well to articulate it.
            Usualy, no one cares about what some one has or does not have, do you understand the Dharma well according to your own understanding of that understanding? do you practice wall gazing?  Good for you.
            Let me take it a step farther, do you have experiences?  Good for you. This is usualy total nothing to other people, especially online in a yahoo group.
            It's a very good idea to get that, get used to that and as a result abandon any  need to communicate these... Even Buddha himself after perfect enlightenement, did not have anything to share. Your experiences are good for you, keep them :)

             I practise wall gazing, and walking and sitting meditation. I have a few interesting dharma stories.