Khandro Rinpoche NYC July 6-8

  • evam.institute
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2012

      E-Vam Institute presents

      Mindrolling Jetsun Khandro Rinpoche

      The Practicalities of Buddhism

      July 6-8

      Fri: 7-9pm; Sat & Sun: 10am-12 & 3-5pm

      Buddhism should not be misunderstood for an impractical or `other-worldly' philosophy. The Buddhist middle view is a very practical perspective on the world and it can and should be used to understand and respond to everyday life situations with concern and consideration. The Buddhist path involves engaging with the world in a real way; with its politics, its environmental issues, its human rights and social justice issues. Buddhists should not be indifferent to these things. We cannot simply dismiss life's complications by saying `everything is emptiness' and therefore does not matter. These things are important and we do need to take them seriously.

      E-Vam Institute, Manhattan

      1455 Lexington Ave 2B (@94th St), New York

      Cost: $175

      To register 518-392-6900 or office@...