Jim Valby in Chatham October 14-16

  • evam.institute
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2011

      Dr Jim Valby

      PURIFICATION PRACTICES IN SUTRA, TANTRA AND DZOGCHEN

      October 14-16

      Cost: $150

      After a review of general Buddhist purification practices, we will focus upon the theory and application of specific purification practices. Together we will apply profound practices of Sutra, outer Tantra, inner Tantra and Dzogchen.

      SCHEDULE:     Friday: 7.00-9.00pm

                                Saturday: 10.00am-12.00noon & 3.00-5.00pm

                                Sunday: 10.00-12.00noon & 3.00-5.00pm

      Jim Valby attended graduate school while driving a school bus, programming computers, teaching violin, and running a nuclear reactor. He earned Masters and Doctorate degrees in Tibetan Buddhism focusing on the texts of Indian Dzogchen masters at the University of Saskatchewan under Professor Herbert Guenther. Dr Valby participated in his first retreat with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu in 1982 and lives in Western Massachusetts, near the Dzogchen Community's North American base Tsegyalgar East, working on translations, transcripts of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu and other Dzogchen Community projects.

      To register call 518-392-6900

      Dorm rooms available at E-Vam Institute for $25 per night

      E-Vam Institute | 171 Water Street, Chatham (town of Ghent), NY 12037

      www.evam.org | office@...