FW: Rigpa Glimpse of the Day

    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 31 4:45 PM

      Each time we begin our practice of meditation, we are moved by the awareness that we and all other sentient beings fundamentally have the Buddha nature as our innermost essence, and that to realize it is to be free of ignorance and to put an end, finally, to suffering.

      We are inspired with the motivation to dedicate our practice, and our life, to the enlightenment of all beings in the spirit of this prayer, which all the buddhas of the past have prayed:

      By the power and the truth of this practice:
      May all beings have happiness, and the causes of happiness;
      May all be free from sorrow, and the causes of sorrow;
      May all never be separated from the sacred happiness which is sorrowless;
      And may all live in equanimity, without too much attachment and too much aversion,
      And live believing in the equality of all that lives.

      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 21, 2011

        I remember how people would often come to see my master Jamyang Khyentse simply to ask for his guidance for the moment of death. He was so loved and revered throughout Tibet, especially in the eastern province of Kham, that some would travel for months on end to meet him and get his blessing just once before they died. All my masters would give this as their advice, for this is the essence of what is needed as you come to die:

        “Be free of attachment and aversion. Keep your mind pure. And unite your mind with Buddha.”