Insight from The Dalai Lama

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 24, 2010
      We must recognize that all beings want the same theing that we want. This is the way to achieve a true understanding, unfettered by artificial consideration.

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 25, 2010
        Sometimes it's very difficult to explain why people do the things they do... You'll often find that there are no simple explanation.  If we were to go into the details of individual lives, since a human being;s mind is so complex, it would be quite difficult to understand what is going on, what exactly is taking place.

        His Holiness The Dalai Lama
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 14, 2010
          While you are engaging in the practice of giving you should do so with great happiness and radiance on your face.  One should practice giving with a smile and with mental uprightness.

          His Holiness The Dalai Lama
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 15, 2010
            Feelings of anger, bitterness, and hate are negative. If I kept those inside me they would spoil my body and my health.  They are of no use.

            His Holiness The Dalai Lama
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 17, 2010
              Helping others is not limited to providing food, shelter, and so forth, but including relieving the basic cause of suffering and providing the basic causes of happiness.

              His Holiness The Dalai Lama
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 22, 2010
                Whatever we say, let us speak clearly and to the point, in a voice that is calm and pleasant, unaffected by attachment or hated. Look kindly at others, thinking it is thanks to them that I shall attain Buddhahood.

                His Holiness The Dalai Lama
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 13, 2010
                  If we compare the mental and physical levels of happiness, we find that the experiences of pain and pleasure that take place mentally are actually more powerful.

                  His Holiness The Dalai Lama