Re: [TBG] Greetings

  • Ziggy Ziegler
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 19, 2009
      Hello there

      Thank you for the information.... It wil give me a good start..... smiles warmly..

      warmest regards
      ziggy

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 14, 2009
        Hi,

        I am also new and especially interested in meditation practice. I want to stop my "internal dialogue". Any recommendations?

        Light to all,

        Peter

        --- In tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com, "ziggy" <ziggyz63@...> wrote:

        > hello
        >
        > i am also new to the practice and study of Buddhism.. I am from the Rochester Ny area.... I would very much like to find a sangh in my area. Any information would be appreciated..
        >

        > ziggy

      • imh_98
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 26, 2009
          My first reply disappeared into the void, so I'll try again.

          I'm new to Buddhism also (5 weeks). The noise in my head would put a
          Rolling Stones concert to shame. In an effort to displace the noise in my head, I have come up with a mantra to repeat to myself. "Train the mind, don't mind the train" (of thought). I have been chanting that in my head, not out loud, seemingly with good results. If a thought barges into your internal chant, ignore it and refocus on the mantra. Hopefully, when I get my mind conditioned to concentrating on one thing, I can concentrate on something a little more related to Buddhism.

          hope this helps,
          Ian