My deepest and sincere thanks to Friends,Family,Sangha Teachers,

  • Thubten Pema Tenzin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2009
      My deepest and sincere thanks to Friends,Family,Sangha Teachers,
      for all their kindness,teachings,words of support.
      I have recieved a brain biopsy 2 months ago and confirmed early stages of lymphoma and have recieved two rounds of methyltrexate(Chemo) CT and MRI results show decreasing the size and mass of the brain tumor.I continue to take each step as a new challenge and keep my faith in the Triple Gem,friends and family ,Sangha and Teachers positive words of support have helped me through this frightening and challenging time.When precious life slips away from us it can truly help us appreciate how very fortunate we are each day.When I contemplate deeply the laws of karma and dependent orgination,cause and effect we see the truth of these Buddhist principles,if we are fortunate enough to recieve kindness this is due to previous accumulated merits based on positive actions as the sutra says the seeds we sow will bear fruit.when we experience suffering this can get a great gift and we learn cause and effect,karma and dependent orgination.The truth of the dharma shines through in the experiences during our daily activities and lives.When we look deeply we are able to see the truth.We should realize we can create happiness or sufferings notjust for this life but for the future rebirths .If we develop strong karmic links with practice,a good sangha ,a good teacher and the genuine dharma those will cause us to be reborn into good conditions and we will be able to resume the practice path.Don't ever under estimate the force and power of karma and know the difference between karmic patterns and karmic links both are formed over lifetimes.We must take care to carefully follow the practice path and remember daily practice is vital.May all those who are connected with me by any means be liberated from suffering.Do we realize that in every realm there is a Buddha teaching the dharma and in every realm there is suffering,and joy.
      May all of you be blessed by the power of refuge in the Triple Gem,
      Om Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate Bodhi Svaha
      yours in the Triple gem ,
      Ven .Thubten Pema Tenzin Rinpoche
      Edgemoor Hospital
      Room #315