Fwd: announcement from the board and faculty of the Namdroling monastery

  • Sherab Gyatso
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2009
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: <NyingmaPalyulC@...>
      Date: Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 2:55 AM
      Subject: announcement from the board and faculty of the Namdroling monastery
      To: Npalyuldc@...

      I received this message earlier today:

      *********************************

      Dear Sangha members,

      His Holiness Penor Rinpoche remained in thugdam for almost eight days.
      This morning [Thursday evening Pacific time] he released his
      meditation.  Now we are preparing to preserve his body for some time
      so that the public can pay their respects and receive his blessings.

      We, the board and faculty of the monastery, have announced that the
      blessing ceremony will begin on the 9th of April with rituals and a
      ceremonial procession to carry Kyabje Penor Rinpoche's body into the
      Zangdok Palri temple at Namdroling Monastery.  It is expected that His
      Holiness' body will remain in the temple for a month.

      We welcome all of our Palyul students, Dharma friends and benefactors
      who wish to come for this ceremony or afterward to receive Kyabje
      Penor Rinpoche's blessings.

      The annual summer retreat for 2009  will be conducted as usual under
      the guidance of H.H.Karma Kuchen Rinpoche, H.E. Gyangkhang Tulku
      Rinpoche, H.E. Mugsang Kuchen Rinpoche and Khenchen Tsewang Gyatso
      Rinpoche. The details of the retreat will be announced soon in our
      Palyul website.

      Khenchen Tsewang Gyatso Rinpoche

      Best wishes,
      Alan Schaaf

      Hurry! April 15th is almost here. File your Federal taxes FREE with TaxACT.