sadly another Master has passed

  • Cittamani
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2009

      The elderly, traditional Masters educated in Tibet are leaving us one by one.  Today one of the most precious, Penor Rinpoche has gone beyond.  I was so fortunate to receive the NamCho cycle from him here in Austin.

      "We have received the sad news that His Holiness Penor Rinpoche has passed today.

      Ven. Gyatrul Rinpoche asks that students do Vajrasattva practice and make butter lamp offerings"
    • Cittamani
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2009

        Head of oldest sect of Tibetan Buddhism passes away
        Phayul[Friday, March 27, 2009 21:54
        Dharamsala, March 27 - The head of the oldest school of Tibetan Buddhism, His Eminence Penor Rinpoche, breathed his last today around 3.30 PM (Indian Standard time) at a hospital in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, sources told phayul.

        Penor Rinpoche held the position of the head of Nyingma tradition of Tibetan Buddhism. Rinpoche had not been keeping well lately, according to sources.

        Kyabjé Drubwang Pema Norbu Rinpoche was born in 1932 in Powo region of Kham, Eastern Tibet. He was the 11th in the Palyul lineage of the Nyingma school of Tibetan Buddhism.

        http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=24307&article=Head+of+oldest+sect+of+Tibetan+Buddhism+passes+away&t=1&c=1