[TBG] Re: the appealing from Saramey

  • alex
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 27, 2008
      Thank you Steve, but I don't see any slanders, I'm disappointed that
      the current Dalai Lama got fully trapped into the Rime Movement, and
      is sacrificing the whole Gelugpa order for the cause of Tibet. He's a
      great man but he has no authority of discernment in spiritual
      matters, he's job is to be the head of Tibetan politics and focus on
      exoteric Buddhism. It seems that Mahayana Buddhism is starting to
      loose much more than Tibet, that's all.
      Maybe I don't understand something?

      Alex

      --- In tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com, Steven Levey
      <sallev1@...> wrote:

      > Alex,
      >      Beware of these kind of slanders. Believe it or not, there is
      disension and odd forms of jealousy even amongst such rarified levels
      of Tibetan Buddhism, as there are in other practices. It would behove
      followers of their sect to look deeply into the meaning of true
      Tibetan Buddhism and find that there are lineages being lead by
      Rinpoches in name only not neccesarily awareness. Do not be fooled by
      the name Tibetan Buddhism as if it is somehow exempt from human
      foibles. We are all suseptable to error in practice of even such a
      perfect system of living-such has been said by all of the Masters-
      read Santideva.
      >      The point here is; the term Rinpoche, meaning the continuation
      of a lineage of Great being and awareness through the actual
      reincarnation of being who must pass particular tests, as the Dalai
      Lama has, to prove such an actual lineage of reincarnation or
      rebirth. And these tests cannot be of only a material sort, as in
      items previoulsy owned etc., but in genuine method and compassion for
      all beings that is exempt from the narrowness of any belief system.
      In this way, such a one will think, speak and act as a representative
      of all humanity, not merely of a sect or lineage in which they find
      themselves through karma. The Three Jewels-The Buddha, The Dharma and
      the Sangha pertain to all humanity and one who represents them must
      therefore be incapable of dissension and judgemetalism, or they have
      fallen into dogmatism and are not worthy of whatever title and
      respect heaped upon them by indisciminate followers.

      > Steve
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Steven Levey
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 27, 2008
        Alex,
        The slanders I mentioned are those which promote the very ideas
        you are speaking of regarding; HH being trapped in the Rime movement,
        or sacrificing the Gelugpa order for the cuse of Tibet, and lastly,
        that he is only concerened for the govt. of tibet and Exoteric
        Buddhism.
        All of that is simply short sighted. Surly you've read the posts
        I've put here regarding the convention in Dharmsala. Yes he is
        concerned for the govt. of Tibet, as that is part of his mandate in
        Tibet as Dalai Lama, but his concern for True Tibetan Buddhism is
        both Exoteric (as it pertains to the non-initiated) and Esoteric (as
        it pertains to those who are deeper students). But his open concern
        for all humanity is neither exoteric or esoteric but simply
        human.
        Also, on what are you basing your understanding of exoteric in
        relation to esoteric? Have you ever heard his intiatiatory lectures
        on the Dharma, The Four Noble Truths, Sunyata and interconnectedness,
        or Deity Yoga? Please, trust your own experience of him, not even my
        words.

        Steve

        --- In tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com, "alex"
        <alexmorgan777@...> wrote:

        > Thank you Steve, but I don't see any slanders, I'm disappointed
        that
        > the current Dalai Lama got fully trapped into the Rime Movement,
        and
        > is sacrificing the whole Gelugpa order for the cause of Tibet. He's
        > great man but he has no authority of discernment in spiritual
        > matters, he's job is to be the head of Tibetan politics and focus
        on
        > exoteric Buddhism. It seems that Mahayana Buddhism is starting to
        > loose much more than Tibet, that's all.
        > Maybe I don't understand something?
        >
        > Alex
        >
        > --- In tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com, Steven Levey
        > <sallev1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Alex,
        > >      Beware of these kind of slanders. Believe it or not, there
        is
        > disension and odd forms of jealousy even amongst such rarified
        levels
        > of Tibetan Buddhism, as there are in other practices. It would
        behove
        > followers of their sect to look deeply into the meaning of true
        > Tibetan Buddhism and find that there are lineages being lead by
        > Rinpoches in name only not neccesarily awareness. Do not be fooled
        by
        > the name Tibetan Buddhism as if it is somehow exempt from human
        > foibles. We are all suseptable to error in practice of even such a
        > perfect system of living-such has been said by all of the Masters-
        > read Santideva.
        > >      The point here is; the term Rinpoche, meaning the
        continuation
        > of a lineage of Great being and awareness through the actual
        > reincarnation of being who must pass particular tests, as the Dalai
        > Lama has, to prove such an actual lineage of reincarnation or
        > rebirth. And these tests cannot be of only a material sort, as in
        > items previoulsy owned etc., but in genuine method and compassion
        for
        > all beings that is exempt from the narrowness of any belief system.
        > In this way, such a one will think, speak and act as a
        representative
        > of all humanity, not merely of a sect or lineage in which they find
        > themselves through karma. The Three Jewels-The Buddha, The Dharma
        and
        > the Sangha pertain to all humanity and one who represents them must
        > therefore be incapable of dissension and judgemetalism, or they
        have
        > fallen into dogmatism and are not worthy of whatever title and
        > respect heaped upon them by indisciminate followers.
        > >
        > > Steve
        > >

        > > ________________________________

      • dorjeshonnu
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 27, 2008
          "alex" <alexmorgan777@...> wrote:
          > Thank you Steve, but I don't see any slanders,

          letting monks starve is not serious enough for you? come on guy.

          > I'm disappointed that the current Dalai Lama got fully trapped into
          > the Rime Movement, and is sacrificing the whole Gelugpa order for the
          > cause of Tibet. He's a great man but he has no authority of
          > discernment in spiritual matters, he's job is to be the head of
          > Tibetan politics and focus on exoteric Buddhism.

          all nonsense.

          > It seems that Mahayana Buddhism is starting to lose much more than
          > Tibet, that's all.

          a degenerate age. maras appear as teachers. only mantrayana viable.

          > Maybe I don't understand something?

          looks like you're muddling around on the internet. do more than that.
        • alex
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 28, 2008
            Steve, I've been reseaching and thinking in the last week, those are
            the unforunate facts. He went full force against the majority of the
            Gelugpa order, converting everyone into the Rime mentality. He is
            doing it for Tibet thinking it will help, without understanding the
            damage it causes to the Gelugpa lineage. Why did (2nd Buddha)
            Tsongkhapa make that reform in the first place?
            Esoteric traditions around the world know that the Dalai Lamas
            represent the outer form of Buddhism and the Panchen Lamas the inner,
            there are also unknown Lamas. You should clearly know all this.

            <sallev1@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > rebirth. And these tests cannot be of only a material sort, as in
            > > items previoulsy owned etc., but in genuine method and compassion
            > for
            > > all beings that is exempt from the narrowness of any belief
            system.
            > > In this way, such a one will think, speak and act as a
            > representative
            > > of all humanity, not merely of a sect or lineage in which they
            find
            > > themselves through karma. The Three Jewels-The Buddha, The Dharma
            > and
            > > the Sangha pertain to all humanity and one who represents them
            must
            > > therefore be incapable of dissension and judgemetalism, or they
            > have
            > > fallen into dogmatism and are not worthy of whatever title and
            > > respect heaped upon them by indisciminate followers.

          • alex
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 28, 2008
              My guess was they're in a bad shape because they are loyal to
              Shugden. I don`t know if this is true. If yes then this is nothing
              new in India, this is what his government wants to see.
              Shugden practitioners are attacked in many different ways by the
              Dalai Lama fanatics.

              Alex

              --- In tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com, "dorjeshonnu"