Re: [TBG] Wrathful Dieties & transmission?

  • Federica Mastropaolo
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 21, 2008
      In Vajrayana to really deepen the knowledge of the teachings you require transmission from a Master. Transmission open the access to essencial knowledge.
      In any case all manifestation of peaceful wratful and joyful deityes are aspects of different qualitys of enlightened mind. Different qualityes, different actions.
      All books from Namkhai Norbu related to the wratful manifestations require his transmission to study and practice them.
      Today saturday there is an open webcast Transmission at 1 am italian time. a litte later from now I will post links. If any interested let me know before and I will give more info,
      Ciao
      Federica

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 24, 2008
        Thanks. I know its the apperances, and hope I can find some better
        ways to cut thru the wrath. I'll take a look at the author you
        suggested.

        bahB

        --- In tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Sherab Gyatso"
        <sherabgyatso@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I seem to remember your name from a while back.
        > The idea about what is wrathful and what is peaceful is one that we
        > subscribe in a very "solid" and very fixed way. While Buddha knows
        about
        > these sorts of ideas Buddhas full actualization with buddhanature
        of all
        > appearances makes it impossible to "discriminate", in other words
        to treat
        > in same way we beings that are susceptible to love/attraction,
        fright/fear
        > would. This is why Buddha is the Refuge. So in other words, there
        are
        > manifestations of hate and anger and these emotions have same
        nature as love
        > and attraction, through realization of The Nature of any appearent
        emotion
        > one can gain realization, thus Western idea that
        wrathfull "demons" are
        > prebuddhist religions or that these "characters" are like hoodlums
        for hire
        > is actually only a justification of our own fears, that Buddha
        does not
        > have. But yes Buddha can manifest in countless ways and it is one
        of the
        > ways.
        > One of the books that explains "framework" of the Vajrayana
        Buddhism is

        <bahbdorje@...>wrote:

        > > Can someone help me find some good information (books would be
        nice)
        > > about the Wrathful Deities? I am draw to understand there fierce
        > > ones.
        > >
        > > What do they do? Yes, they are Dharma Protectors, but I think
        there is
        > > more.
        > >
        > > Any ideas about who to ask, where to look about grounding this
        stuff?

        > > bahB

      • Do I Even Know?
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 24, 2008
          I'll see if I can watch. Hard to do with this overly slow connecting
          I have.

          bahB

          --- In tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com, Terri <amie.raye@...>
          wrote:

          > There are some videos www.tsemtulku.com
          >

          > Do I Even Know? wrote:
          > >
          > > Can someone help me find some good information (books would be
          nice)
          > > about the Wrathful Deities? I am draw to understand there fierce
          > > ones.
          > >
          > > What do they do? Yes, they are Dharma Protectors, but I think
          there is
          > > more.
          > >
          > > Any ideas about who to ask, where to look about grounding this
          stuff?

          > > bahB

        • Federica Mastropaolo
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 25, 2008
            Cut throuhg the wrath?
            may be you mean cut through the hate and anger.......
            and in Vajrayana the 'wrath' energy of some mantras help you to succed so.
            In particolar there are some disturbed state of mind  which are caused b.y negative
            forces also some class of negative beings, this is the perfect case on which
            the Wrathful energy of the enligtened manifestation will help to subdued them.
            It is Wratfhul but never angry, it is allways with compassion
            Regards
            Federica