9729Re: How can we as Buddhist develop more Compassion ?:

  • Do I Even Know?
    Dec 7, 2007
      Thank you for the information. I will now put it all out of my mind
      if I can, and try to stay focused on what I can do to continue my
      own practices.

      bahB

      --- In tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com, "dorjeshonnu"
      <dorjeshonnu@...> wrote:

      > "Do I Even Know?" <bahbdorje@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The Karmic Question concerns how YOU are acting. What is your
      > > qualification to denounce people? Are you privy to all the refuge
      > > and ordination records? What's the deal? I am asking questions
      > > here. I am curious how it works that you feel untainted by your
      > > accusations. Never has any Tibetan Buddhist, or any other
      Buddhist
      > > (except scammers) made a point about anyone's qualifications as
      you
      > > have.
      >
      > Hello to you in California. Thank you for your concern about my
      > wellbeing. I appreciate it very much, and hope your own practices
      are
      > fruitful. The situation of my causes is greatly helped by the
      > Vajrasattva 100-syllable sadhana provided to me and others by the
      > Venerable Khenpo Sonam Tobgyal Rinpoche, as well as the other
      > wang/tri/lung empowerments and transmissions I've been fortunate
      > enough to receive from other teachers. I direct my daily actions
      > according to the advice and texts of credible sources of authority,
      > and own best judgment. While I do not live what some would call an
      > ideal life, I have confidence in the Three Jewels, my teachers, and
      > methods, and look forward to liberation, or the next life of
      benefit
      > to sentient beings.
      >
      > There is no especial qualification involved in denouncing anyone,
      > other than that the situation be significant enough for action to
      be
      > taken, and that the person so denouncing be adequately informed
      enough
      > to make a credible assertion. In the case of a person falsely
      claiming
      > to be ordained sangha, the situation seems significant enough to
      me.

      > I am not privy to "all refuge and ordination records". In the case
      at
      > hand I am privy enough to the claims made by the individual, the
      > observed conduct of the individual, and his ongoing insinuations of
      > identity here. Amongst the various pictures he has taken from other
      > people's websites he includes a photo of documents, with refuge
      names,
      > that he claims are ordination records - these constitute nothing of
      > the sort. There have been various small inconsistencies in his
      > accounts about himself, some glaring problems with conduct, and in
      > fact vajra siblings of mine have investigated some of his claims
      > specifically.
      >
      > For instance he has claimed to be a tulku recognized by Ngakpa
      Orgyen
      > Kusum Lingpa Rinpoche. An email was sent to the people here:
      >
      > http://www.omura.com/k_lingpa/klingpa1.htm
      >
      > and the response was this:

      > "Hello,
      > I don't know who you are, or why you are concerned about this
      person.
      > I remember him having visited our center one time and as I remember
      > Kusum Lingpa only recognized him to be a pretty crazy guy. He
      seemed
      > to me to be mentally unbalanced although not harmful. The last I
      knew
      > of him he was in Nepal, sending messages back for financial
      support.
      > There is no proof anywhere that Kusum Lingpa recognized him as a
      tulku.
      > Yours,
      > Yeshe Tarchin"

      > Thus on the basis of small, greater, and direct statements from a
      > credible source as evidence, I have made my statements here, and am
      > satisfied with any causes which may in future ripen on the basis of
      > these actions.
      >
      > I think it is uncommon to see this sort of thing because most
      people
      > in their right minds have no interest in representing themselves in
      > such a way. As you said, you will not be putting on the robes.
      >
      > As for Peter Ray, whose name is actually, sorry, Donald Peter Ray
      Jr,
      > I am willing to believe that he has taken refuge and perhaps even
      > bodhisattva vows, and may in fact be deluded by the thought that
      these
      > have in some sense constituted full ordination. But this merely
      > compounds his difficulties if, having taken particular vows, he has
      > acted against them. In no sense do I believe him to be acting out
      of
      > pure malice, or that he is some kind of mara. It is simply that his
      > story does not hold up under inspection, and thus I believe he
      needs
      > to be protected from his own actions.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic