9722Re: [TBG] How can we as Buddhist develop more Compassion ?:

  • Do I Even Know?
    Dec 2, 2007
      The conserns about karma...aftr I look around googlin' I find this
      drama is much larger than just a posting here. How does the person
      chasing around after what they perceive as a wrong get slapped with
      karma?

      The proper way to deal with impostors, as was relater to me by my
      Lama, and which I have read in many books (Buddhist and Christian)
      is to just ignore them. Don't waste time spreading angry hateful
      words about people.

      I do not know either of these persona, nor do I care how they
      present themselves on the internet. The internet is a world of
      false fronts and hidden identities. I can't prove wgho anyone is,
      not even if I meet them in person. So why have a tissy about what
      someone chooses as a name?

      bahB

      --- In tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com, "R. Kenoyer"
      <rubylou@...> wrote:

      > I'm not sure that it matters in this case. Dharma is dharma, and
      > nobody is soliciting donations.
      >
      > ~~Rachael
      >

      > On Nov 29, 2007, at 6:19 AM, dorjeshonnu wrote:
      > >
      > > Peter Ray is not a Buddhist monk. Peter Ray represents himself as
      > > Thubten Pema Tenzin, a purported monk, and a purported tulku. We
      are
      > > each capable of assessing the value of links on our own. The
      value of
      > > dharma is beyond dispute; this is irrelevant. The actions of
      Peter Ray
      > > in providing these links is an appropriation of dharma content
      with
      > > the intent of misrepresentation of his identity online as not
      only an
      > > ordained, but also an accomplished source of refuge. Thus while
      the
      > > content is positive, the karma involved is negative.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic