4396Glimpse of the day, July 1st

  • kyabdro
    Jul 1, 2003
      In meditation, negative experiences are the most misleading, because
      we tend to take them as a bad sign. But in fact the negative
      experiences in our practice are blessings in disguise. Try to not
      react to them with aversion as you might normally do, but recognize
      them instead for what they truly are, merely experiences, illusory
      and dreamlike.

      The realization of the true nature of the experience liberates you
      from the harm or danger of the experience itself, and as a result a
      negative experience can become a source of great blessing and
      accomplishment. There are innumerable stories of how masters worked
      like this with negative experiences and transformed them into
      catalysts for realization.

      -SOGYAL RINPOCHE in the book the Book: "Glimpse After Glimpse"

      -Glimpses in your mail: http://www.rigpa.org/cgi-local/mojo.cgi
    • Show all 161 messages in this topic