11022Re: [TBG] Glimpse of the day, June 28.

  • Sherab Gyatso
    Jun 28 4:25 PM
      Thank you for posting,
      Actually, this group did not have much activity lately.
      There is that ebb and flow...

      In regards to taking step #2 and #3 and so on that was the idea yes.

      In America I have observed that quite a few people join Buddhist communities with preconceived notion of limits.

      As in "oh no not here, only in asia", or "only asians" or "only tibetans".

      Or "I did not know they have Buddhist Books on amazon.com"

      Or I do not treat my spiritual path serious enough to actually even spend money on a book.

      All these various degrees of connection that can be observed.

      --- In tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com, "debbyc13@..." <debbyc13@...> wrote:

      > Mr. Sherab Gyatso,
      > I appreciated your quote. I have followed the discussions of the past few days with interest.
      > To quote the Ninth Gyalwang Karmapa " Conceptual knowledge is not enough...you must have the conviction of personal experience."
      > I believe that this was the point you were making regarding the difference between being well read and actually being able to incorporate the concepts into practice. I hope I am understanding correctly.
      > My name is Debby, and I hadn't received any emails recently so I thought I had been dropped from the list. I am not active in posting , but enjoy reading everyone's thoughts.
      >

      > Sent from my HTC smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic