11018Glimpse of the day, June 28.

  • Sherab Gyatso
    Jun 27, 2013
      A daily quotation from the book "Glimpse After Glimpse " by Sogyal Rinpoche.

      June 28 Reflect on this: The realization of impermanence is paradoxically the only thing we can hold on to, perhaps our only lasting possession. It is like the sky, or the earth. No matter how much everything around us may change or collapse, they endure. Say we go through a shattering emotional crisis . . . our whole life seems to be disintegrating . . . our husband or wife suddenly leaves us without warning. The earth is still there; the sky is still there. Of course, even the earth trembles now and again, just to remind us that we cannot take anything for granted. . . .
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic