      From: ariunn <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [TBG] FMPT
      To: tibetanbuddhistgroup@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 7:42 AM

      Hi Tom,
      I was in Kopan 2004 with Ven. Gyatso.

      --- In tibetanbuddhistgrou p@yahoogroups. com, tom talylor
      <jedimasterham@ ...> wrote:

      > Well personally, I think the FPMT has great
      programs. The  first one that  I did was the  one
      > month Lam-Rim program at Kopan  Monastery in Nepal. It was very well
      put together since they've done the one month course for around 30
      years now, and it's usually taught by western buddhists who knew Lama
      Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche since the beginning of Kopan and the
      FPMT. Like the  teachers we  had were Thubten  Gyatso, an  australian  doctor
      > turned monk, and a nun named Robbina Courtin (if i've spelled it
      correctly..) .

       Both were great  because they  could relate  to the typical  western life  we already
      > know, not to mention  that they would also give us
      a western and Tibetan viewpoint on Buddhism if we needed it.
      Additionally, we'd have teachings from other great lamas, like the
      abbot there, Khenrinpoche Lama Lhundrup, and Denma Loche
      Rinpoche, H.E.  Dorje
      > Change Rinpoche, and so on.

      The other place  I was at was  the Milarepa  Center in Vermont,  a small retreat
      > center that hosts events every couple weeks or months. Being a
      volunteer there, I found out that everyone puts a lot of time and
      effort preparing for the events. Like when one of the Dalai Lama's old
      teachers came to teach and give empowerments, (ie. Kirti Tsenshab
      Rinpoche) everything had to
      be perfect. So  from what I' ve seen, the  FPMT does put  a lot of
      > hard work into their events and programs. Besides that, living at
      their places, in Nepal and the
      US, offers a great  learning atmosphe re and diversity  of viewpoints  on Buddhism.  Ok,
      > hope that helps a bit. Email me if you need have any specific
      questions. Cheers,

      after regarding the FPMT.how are their study programmes structured
      ?what qualifications and experience do their teachers have ?what was
      your experience like living at a centre ?ThanksSteve

      some questions, I might be able to help out somewhat. Cheers,
      >            Tom

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic