Re: [ti-99/4a] Idiot? Qui!

  • Ken.9640@juno.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2001
      No, I "never" - repeat - "NEVER" said that! I used to be an
      actor in TV shows and movies. I have NEVER done a TV (or any
      other)commercial (and I "NEVER" joked about anything like that, either)!
      That idiot* started fantasizing about whatever floats his boat and said
      that. Do you suppose the list manager might tell that person* to STOP
      making comments that irritate the members of the OLUG - especially when
      it has NOTHING to do with the TI or computers at all? Then again... he*
      could just "LEAVE" - instead of CONSTANTLY COMPLAINING about Yahoo! and
      the integration of eGroups into it!

      - Ken

      On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:10:36 -0500 "Yancey B. Jones" <ybjones@...>
      writes:
      > Actually Ken, I think that you did say that a loooonnng time ago (as a
      joke
      > of course). When I first joined the list and you were telling about
      what
      > different things that you had done for a living. I remember TV repair
      was in
      > there as well.
      >
      > -Yancey

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Yancey B. Jones
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2001
        >No, I "never" - repeat - "NEVER" said that! I used to be an
        >actor in TV shows and movies.

        I stand corrected....

        >I have NEVER done a TV (or any
        >other)commercial (and I "NEVER" joked about anything like that, either)!

        So when you said:

        "P.S. As far as I know... David Leisure (a.k.a. "Joe Isuzu") was not
        offered a role in Titanic. I think there WAS some confusion with him and
        "Joe Camel" and that he is still trying to be unbanned, so he can do TV
        commercials again! <lol>"

        That doesn't count as "joking about anything like that"?

        >Do you suppose the list manager might tell that person* to STOP
        >making comments that irritate the members of the OLUG - especially when
        >it has NOTHING to do with the TI or computers at all?

        It hasn't worked for you now has it?

        >Then again... he* could just "LEAVE" -
        >instead of CONSTANTLY COMPLAINING about Yahoo! and
        >the integration of eGroups into it!

        From one of Ken's previous posts:

        "Does anyone remember when I kept calling the "future" name of
        this "yahGroups?" I wasn't too far off the mark! :-)"

        Looks like he isn't/wasn't the only one complaining.

        -Yancey
      • TED
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2001
          I for one of the lurkers say COOL IT.

        • Ken.9640@juno.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2001
            Yancey... WHAT is your problem?!! I do NOT joke about the work I
            have done in TV and Movies. The "Joe Camel" thing was a remark about
            idiot smokers!

            As for your next comment... it certainly DOESN'T work for you!
            At least I have made several positive contributions to the OLUG. If you
            disappeared... trust me: You would be forgotten VERY quickly!!

            As for eGroups merging with Yahoo!... I have no problem with it
            at all! In fact, I have had an e-mail account with Yahoo! for YEARS!
            I'm glad the two services have become integrated - I find it to be an
            advantage. I made up the "yahGroups" name as a joke, because I foresaw
            the eventual merging of the 2 services!! Apparently... your own attempts
            at cleverness are hindered by your lack of understanding.

            - Ken

            P.S. Yancey... let me know when you plan to STOP irritating me, and I
            might unblock your postings after this. My blocking of Mr. Confused's
            postings are apparently working, so life is better and unfettered with
            wasteful postings on his part!

            On Fri, 2 Feb 2001 23:53:49 -0500 "Yancy B. Jones" <ybjones@...>
            writes:

            > So when you said:
            >
            > "P.S. As far as I know... David Leisure (a.k.a. "Joe Isuzu") was not
            > offered a role in Titanic. I think there WAS some confusion with him
            and
            > "Joe Camel" and that he is still trying to be unbanned, so he can do TV
            > commercials again! <lol>"
            >

            > That doesn't count as "joking about anything like that"?
            >

            > >Do you suppose the list manager might tell that person* to STOP
            > >making comments that irritate the members of the OLUG - especially
            > when it has NOTHING to do with the TI or computers at all?
            >
            > It hasn't worked for you now has it?
            >

            > >Then again... he* could just "LEAVE" -
            > >instead of CONSTANTLY COMPLAINING about Yahoo! and
            > >the integration of eGroups into it!
            >
            > From one of Ken's previous posts:
            >
            > "Does anyone remember when I kept calling the "future" name of
            > this "yahGroups?" I wasn't too far off the mark! :-)"
            >

            > Looks like he isn't/wasn't the only one complaining.
            >

            > -Yancy

          • Yancey B. Jones
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2001
              What's wrong Ken, you don't like people posting things to purposefully "get
              your goat"?

              Ken, I haven't ever made any technical contributions nor did I ever claim
              to. But I have made at least one other contribution. Unlike you though, I
              don't need to remind everybody on a regular basis. I also don't need to try
              and make myself seem superior to others or inform the world that I was
              promoted beyond Sergeant or that I forgave somebody before they ever
              apologized.

              I have no lack of understanding Ken, you're a jack ass, plain and simple.

              Since Tom will probably ban me for speaking my mind I will go all out here.
              Unlike Jamie though, I will not apologize to you for this so you can save
              yourself the effort of a self-righteous email saying that you forgive me. I
              don't care for you or your forgiveness. You want to dish out your crap all
              over the OLUG but you can't even practice what you preach. Half of your
              posting are people bashing and I am sick of it. You have driven more than
              one person away just because they can't stand your mindless drivel!

              Don't worry Ken, one day you may grow out of the school yard bully mode and
              become a functional adult.

              And Ken, you'll miss me!

              Yancey - signing off

              P.S. - Ken, how am I supposed to let you know when I'm done irritating you
              if you are blocking my emails? Did you actually think that I would give a
              crap whether or not you block me? Like it's some kind of privilege for you
              to read my emails? You really do have half a brain.

              P.P.S. - I do apologize to the group for my rantings. I have had enough of
              Ken though.

              P.P.P.S. - Tom, do what you must. If I must resort to lurker mode then so be
              it.

              P.P.P.P.S. - OK, I don't really have anything to put here, just felt like
              doing another P.S.

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 9, 2001
                I remember someone asking about Speak and Spell. There is a manual on eBay
                http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1213110201 as part of
                a 10 manual package.

                Joel
              • Richard Polivka
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 19, 2001
                  Sorry if this is a little off topic.

                  Does anyone have a Speak & Spell manual that they'd be willing to share by
                  either scanning it for me, or sending to me so that I could scan it (I'd
                  cover postage both ways)?
                  If so, please reply to me in private. I've always wanted a copy, and over
                  the past week, several people have emailed asking for it as well.

                  Thanks,
                  Rich
                  polivka@...

                  Richard Polivka